Sunday, July 17, 2011

neonatal seborrhoeic dermatitis

aka Cradle Cap...and Rose has it :( {sigh}
My mom said I had it when I was little too, I don't think it's genetic, but I had it and survived and so will she!

Cradle cap is not caused by a bacterial infection, allergy, nor from poor hygiene. Rose gets a bath at least every other day and for risk of drying her sensitive skin, we won't be increasing that right now. On the fun side, when I had in her the tub with me the other day I discovered that she floats :)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cradle_cap

Right now it's not too bad, just a bit flaky, but we'll watch it to see if it gets worse if we need to call her doctor...

I am sure there will be many other baby/child health *things* we experience...can't wait {sigh}!

2 comments:

  1. Calendula cream by califirnia baby is magical for all things skin related (seriously!). I used to put it on Lena's scalp or face if it ever seemed dry and still do now anytime she has dry skin, a rash or a scratch. You can buy it on amazon {of course} but also at babies r us or in the natural/organic baby section at target. It is expensive but a little goes a long way.

    ReplyDelete