Sunday, July 6, 2014

Happy: new cousin, visit from Aunt Kate, and 4th!

It’s been a busy busy week! I kinda thought with the change of working hours I would feel less hurried, but that was not the case this week J I'm not sure what whoever came up with the saying 'the good life' meant, but I feel very fortunate and thankful with all the amazing people we get to spend time with and experience we get to share as a family!


Rose and I have been busy on adventures this week. Monday morning after Rose’s speech therapy we got to meet the newest family member. Rose was very excited to go to the hospital. I was a little nervous about telling her we were going to the hospital, since the last time she was at one was to have her cast put on and she was not very happy about that :( But she understood it was not for her and did great! We were both so excited to meet this handsome little man and can't wait for lots of play dates :)




Tuesday we had visitors! Uncle Jon and Aunt Kate are visiting from Oklahoma for a few weeks before heading back to work the rest of the summer and complete their final year of Bible training. After visiting we dropped off a meal for the new family when we went for Rose’s riding lesson. Due to the heat Rose got to ride in the barn.. She had seen the lesson before her and the girl had been practicing balance by holding her arms out, so Rose wanted to try that too!


Wednesday we went back to the local toy store for another story time. Rose LOVES the toy store! She took her baby and pushed her around in a play stopping cart after the story time. She pretended that they were shopping and put items for the baby in the cart. We did get Rose and baby Bruce each a new book. We got baby Bruce an Indestructibles. I wish these had been around when Rose was little, because she defiantly chewed off some chunks of her board books. We then went to visit baby Bruce and nana who was spending the day with her new grandson!


I think Rose is really enjoying the new schedule of mommy in the morning, some grandma or nana time, and then daddy evenings.Wednesday she even got daddy to go swimming with her J


Thursday Rose helped me make some lemon bars for our lunch with great-grandpa and great-grandma on Friday. 

We also had lots of time to play. Rose wanted to take this picture of her doll house babies...do you see all 3?


Friday we enjoyed lunch at my grandparent’s with my parents and Bruce and Kate brought the baby. I have to admit I was a bit of a baby hog, but I changed two poopy diapers, so I thought that earned me some cuddles :)

(ok, I think this is about the cutest picture ever!)
  
I have posted several pics of Rose with me, Nana, and great-Nana and here is the first pic of the 4 generations of Bechtel males (3 of them have the name Bruce!). 
  

I made baby Bruce an afghan in John Deere colors, of course!

After a good nap, Rose was ready to enjoy her first fireworks show! We started off with some ice cream



and then enjoyed the show! Rose did pretty well and we did have ear protectors for her. Even so, when we asked her about them she described them as 'high and boom'.




Saturday was another busy day. We went to the farmer’s market with Jon and Kate and then headed over to his parent’s home in the evening for a pool party/dinner.




Sunday….ah, thank God for Sunday! We had a day just to enjoy as our family. Rose and daddy made a fun train track with an extra add-on courtesy of the dining room chair :)

Rose and I also headed to church, Rose was the only kiddo so we got front row seats for the children's message.


After church Rose enjoyed some lazy time in her pool :)

We also set up Rose's 'big' pool from Pop. It was VERY cold, so Rose could only stay in for a bit at a time, but she still had a lots of fun spinning her birdie :)



Here's looking forward to another wonderful week, however busy it gets!

No comments:

Post a Comment