Sunday, May 22, 2011

Week 4

Another week and LOTS of business!! I don't have pictures for *everything* I need to take more :) but here is the short version of Rose's week...

Having Rose has helped me reconnect with some friends from high school and on Monday Rita and her three adorable children came to meet Rose and brought Justin and I dinner (which was delicious). THANKS RITA! It has been really helpful to talk with other moms and just know what we are going through is normal and to see children a bit older than Rose and all the exciting things she will be doing in the near future.

Tuesday Rose and I had our first non appointment trip out of the house when we went down to Grandpa and Grandma Stillinger's house. It was a nice change of scenery for us and Grandma made a wonderful dinner for all of us complete with dessert :)

Wednesday we had another visitor when my college friend, Andrea, came with lunch. Again it was so great to chat with another recent mom and have some adult company!!

Later that afternoon Rose and I read a book, she seems to be a fan of Dr. Seuss!

Thursday was my first *true* day home alone with Rose. We kept busy and I even gave Rose a bath :)

That brings us to Friday...Justin and I had our first DATE!! I was a bit nervous all day and there were some tears; Grandpa and Grandma Stillinger gave us a gift card to Red Robin and offered to babysit so Justin and I could have some couple time. It went great and Justin and I really enjoyed the couple hours out of the house together :)

Saturday morning was very busy as we ran all over Berks County...below is a picture of Glacier who finally had his much needed groomer's appointment.

After dropping him off we went to the Boyertown Farmer's Market, Butter Valley Harvest, and Longacre's. Then Justin took Rose and I home and went to pick Glacier up and finished up the grocery shopping at Christman's Meat Market and Reppert's.

Saturday night I cooked a non crock pot meal for the first time since having Rose. We enjoyed fresh asparagus from the farmer's marker and other veggies from our weekly box. Looks like I haven't lost the ability to cook! 

Daddy and Rose needed to rest after all the excitement on Saturday.

So did mommy and Rose!


But after all that rest Rose was ready for her workout! Look at that great head lifting, we are sooo impressed by her amazing head control and how strong she is already.




 We ended the week by going to Grandpa and Nanna Bechtel's home for dinner. Nanna was so happy to rock Rose while we all ate a wonderful meal.

Nanna also had a special present for Rose...her own Fiestaware place setting!

And just for fun another pic of Rose and her mommy!

Whew...what a busy week!! This coming week is going to be busy too; Rose has her one month check-up (on Tuesday she will be 1 month!!) and my sister and her children will be coming to meet Rose during the holiday weekend...so I am sure there will be lots more to share next week :)

No comments:

Post a Comment