Sunday, November 18, 2012

What a Week(end)!

It's that crazy time of year when holiday's seem to get mushed together as retailers prepare to sell as much as they can with no thought to simply enjoying one holiday at a time...oh well :)

I also got caught up a bit in the mush this week as I ordered our Christmas cards and family ornament. So the Christmas card was a bit of a disaster... while we have had Rose's pictures taken professionally twice now and I am always amazed at how creative the ladies have been to get 'that' shot, I thought 'hey, it's just one picture for the card, I can do that!'.

Well here is how it went:














While Rose looks beautiful in any picture, as you can see, I failed to capture 'that' picture for our Christmas card :( My back up plan was to use some of Rose's one year pictures, but goodness has see changed since those were taken, so I couldn't use those either... Luckily I found a card that uses a whole bunch of smaller pictures to recap the year and so that is what I finally decided on. In order not to add to the Christmas before Thanksgiving craziness, I will wait until later to reveal the card :) BUT someone please remind me of this for next year, so if I want 'that' picture I contact a professional!

Anyway, the rest of the week was uneventful, just how I like it :) But this weekend was super busy, in a good way!

Rose's speech therapist had recommended going to a Music Together class with Rose, not that it would necessarily improve her language, but lots of kids find it fun and it couldn't hurt anything. So I called the Kutztown locations director and she said we could come on Saturday to try it out. After the farmer's market, we all headed to Kutztown to sing and dance. I LOVED it and Rose and Justin had a good time too ;) It was a big class because it was a make-up session for two of her classes, so there were probably about 15 kids and 20 adults. Rose stuck with me most of the time, but did venture out a little bit with some of the other kids. Rose also has such a sweet nature, when we were playing with balls or instruments, she would pick them up and hand them to the other kids :) She did also imitate some of the motions and moved her mouth to some of the sounds, so I'll count it as positive! The next session doesn't start until January and I can't wait to start going weekly with Rose. Since Rose isn't with other kids every day, I have really started to make it more of a priority for her to have opportunities to develop some social interaction skills. I am super happy that Grandma is taking her to story time weekly and now with this group every week, I feel like Rose will have lots of opportunity to meet others.

Saturday after her nap, Rose and I went out Christmas shopping for a little bit. We were able to get a couple gifts and give daddy time to work on some house projects. The stores were already packed and everything was out for Christmas. I will NOT be venturing out on Friday, good luck and stay safe to all of you who do!

Sunday we headed out to church. Rose became a little goof ball by dropping things off the pew and laughing during the sermon, so we headed to the nursery. There were two other little kids and another mommy, so we had the kids color, told them a story, sang a song, and had snack :) Yay, for even more time with other kids this week!

We ended this very busy weekend with a pony ride :)



Have a wonderful Thanksgiving, I can't wait to post pictures of our feast!


No comments:

Post a Comment