Sunday, November 4, 2012

...November already?


Where is the time going? I can't believe we are already in November and will shortly be celebrating my favorite holiday. I love Thanksgiving because the focus is just on spending time with people you love and Rose is really lucky to have so many people who love her close by to watch her grow. 

Anyway, the week was off to a crazy start with Sandy's arrival. I was really expecting to work at least part of Monday, but my work decided to close by 7 am, so Rose and I got to spend Monday together. Justin, however, headed off to work for the day. Rose and I had a pretty fun day, except Rose is such an outside kid and it was just too miserable to go out for more than a quick breath of air (and a little water table). By Monday night my work also decided to close for Tuesday, so another day with my baby. 



My mom came up in the morning for a hour before she had to head in to work. That afternoon Justin was helping my dad finish installing heat in my parent's home, so after Rose's nap we headed down their for the afternoon. I think we were both getting a little claustrophobic after two days with each other in the house. Rose had lots of fun helping daddy and papa, she dug right in to the bucket of copper fittings and was eager to put them together.

Rose was also rather 'handy' when helping daddy to spackle her book nook on Tuesday evening. 




It was really weird to return to work on Wednesday. I like to think my job is important, but I am not an 'essential' employee. Anyway, my job also requires frequent travel throughout the county and meeting with families. I was really appreciative that my employer considered our safety and closed for two days. I am always happy to have extra time with my baby, but I think by Wednesday we were both ready to get back to our routine.

Friday Rose went Trick-or-Treating one more time at Great Grandpa and Grandma Bechtel's. Rose and I went down Friday night after dinner and Rose was a busy little girl :) Great Grandpa and Grandma commented several times on how much Rose likes to explore and play. Rose was very creative in wanting to incorporate any items she found in her play. She also really loved playing with a very vintage Fisher Price TV that I played with as a child.





This weekend was actually low key for us, which was a welcome change from the busy October weekends. We ran our usual errands to the farmer's market on Saturday and Sunday Rose got to see both sets of grandparents.

Rose enjoyed lots of inside water fun at the sink, now that she is super safe in her stand :)



We also played a game of 'hide bird' in the pile of leaves. Rose had no problem finding him and even hid him again :)



I have started to make preparations for Thanksgiving. For the last 3 years we have hosted family in our home. Usually the parents do Christmas and Easter, so I try to lighten the load a bit with whomever wants to come. Usually we have between 8-12 people to enjoy the day and food. Last year Rose slept through the whole meal, so this year I can't wait to see what she think of this festivity :) 


So ends are really unexpected week and begins November :)



No comments:

Post a Comment