Sunday, January 19, 2014

A week in the life...

of a little girl with a cast, is not without fun :) and some struggles too :(

Rose is really being a terrific sport about having a cast on and wearing a sling, but it does make everything a bit different. Luckily we had an awesome report from the doctor on Wednesday and February 5th the cast will be cut off!!!



So while we anxiously count down, we are trying to have lots of one-armed fun :)




AND we adopted a cat!!!

While we were waiting to have Rose's cast put on, we had spent a bunch of time watching YouTube videos. Some of these videos involved cats and Rose would keep saying 'me'. I, as a well-meaning mommy, asked Rose if she wanted a cat and when she said 'yes'...I said we'd get one for her ;) Although I have since rethought this impetuous moment, we did decide to honor our agreement and today we adopted a 10 year old male cat from the Humane Society. Justin and I joke that we are a retirement home for animals since all the dogs we have adopted have been seniors and now we have expanded to the feline species. Rose has not decided on a name yet, but so far he seems to be adjusting well. He will probably need to go on a diet, but otherwise was reported to be in good health. I am sure by next week I will have lots of pictures with the new cat to share!

No comments:

Post a Comment