Sunday, January 26, 2014

MEOW!

So that is what Rose calls our newest family member and so that is what his name shall be forevermore :)

Let's run through Meow's first week because it's been an interesting one!

Meow seemed to be adjusting very well to his new home and life with a toddler. Monday I was home with Rose and so we got to spend lots of time with Meow. His favorite spot is under our bed up by the heater. At first he needed a few treats to be enticed to come out, but now if we call him he usually comes out!


By Monday night he was walking around the second floor and even made friends with Justin (Justin really needs a haircut)!

Tuesday something changed...both Justin and I noticed that he seemed really unsteady on his feet and his eyes were bouncing around. I was home all day due to the weather and he just didn't get any better...

Wednesday morning I called our vet and since Justin was off in the morning (due to being out all night plowing), Rose, Nana, and Justin took Meow to the vet. I thought it would be really good for Rose to see that just like when she gets sick, animals go to the doctor too. My mom said Rose did great watching everything and the vet explained to Rose what she was doing.


So it seems that Meow had an inner ear infection which affected his balance, so he got ear drops and an antibiotic. He didn't show much improvement until Saturday, but now is getting more active and finally eating some. Poor Meow will probably always have a tilt to his head, but this shouldn't effect his mobility. He really is a sweet cat :)


Rose was still up to all her favorite activities this week which include one-arm finger painting

And making cheesy faces for selfies with mom :)

 Rose is not playing much in the snow right now...it's a little hard to bundle her up with the cast :( So she and Tahnee enjoyed watching it fall and made plans to play in it again once that cast is off!

Our little Rose is also growing again! A few weeks ago I had to start buying her 3T pants, but her shirts and dresses seemed fine. The only shirts that I am able to get on her easily with the cast are shirts from Lands End that have elastic around the head and both arm openings. I had 2 in the 2T size and had bought 2 in a 3T when I got a couple items on clearance for this upcoming spring. Well I got the shirts out to add to the rotation and guess what? They don't look too big! Whoever thought my little 6 pound flower would be wearing 3T already :)

It was another busy week around here and I think I've just given up the thought that things will slow down anytime soon. We are back to music class on Saturday mornings, I am helping out with the nursery on Sunday mornings, work is busy, Justin is working on the house, and Rose is soon turning 3 (ah!).

No comments:

Post a Comment