Sunday, August 3, 2014

Weekly Update

Monday my dad and I went to a funeral for a family friend who died from cancer. It was a military funeral and I cry every time with the presentation of the flag and playing of Taps…
After the funeral I went back to my parents home until it was time to pick up Rose…what better activity then routing around in the attic for more toys J I LOVE LOVE LOVE finding toys that I played with for Rose to now enjoy.



Rose also got decked out in her swim suit and boots to stump in an after storm puddle. 



Tuesday Rose’s riding lesson was canceled because her teacher broke her ankle L No worries though, Rose instructed her to get an orange cast! After speech therapy we found another playground to try out :)
 


The first thing I heard on the monitor Tuesday morning as Rose was waking up was this 'Josh's birthday....Josh's birthday...Josh's birthday'. Rose was very excited to celebrate Josh's birthday with dinner at grandma's house and playing with Aunt Jenni :) I hope he enjoyed his birthday as much as Rose did!



Wednesday was more time outside at local parks and grandma's house...I am already dreading when we have to get all bundled up to do outside :(



Thursday Rose and I started Marla's graduation present with some help from Meow who really enjoyed the ribbon. 


Thursday night Rose and Justin got to go out to dinner with her cousins while I was at work...they also got to go out again on Friday! 



My favorite moment on Friday was when Rose got a new purse from Nana. Typically on our farmer’s market trips, Rose confiscates Nana’s purse and spends most of the trip routing through it ;) Today when Nana gave Rose her own purse she opened it up and said “no money?”. Nana promptly rectified that by filling her wallet J Rose then proceeded to use her money, with a bit extra from Nana and mommy to pay for her items at the farmer’s market including her mango smoothie and some treats for Tahnee.





Saturday was Bechtel Family Clam Bake day! Rose woke up and immediately said 'clam bake' (that's my girl!). We picked up Regan and Payton right after breakfast had played with them all morning until heading to the clam bake after nap. 





There was a bounce house at the clam bake this year to celebrate my neice, Marla, graduating from high school...that makes me one very young aunt ;)
Rose LOVED the bounce house...I mean REALLY REALLY LOVED the bounce house!


 For Marla's graduation gift we made her a 'money umbrella'.

This was the first year I gave Rose some clams to try, I think she liked them...she's got some Bechtel in her :)

Great-grandpa brought his bell collection and asked that everyone pick one out, Rose picked out one that we will keep in a safe place for her to have for a long time!


Saturday night was Roses first  sleep over! Payton and Regan slept over after the clam bake. Everyone was exhausted and in bed by 9:00.


Sunday we said good-bye to the cousins and spent the rest of the day recovering from the VERY busy weekend! 

We did make a quick trip to IKEA for a new living room rug and rug for Rose's room. We stopped at Red Robin on the way home and kept Rose occupied with some games until dinner game. 


No comments:

Post a Comment