Saturday, August 27, 2011

Pre-Fall Preview...

So I think Fall is the BESTEST time of year...I mean there are pros and cons about every season, but overall Fall comes out waaaay ahead of all the others (it helps that my birthday is in October...on a side note, since Rose and Justin share birthday months [April] we will also be celebrating her 1/2 year [October 24] because then she and I can also have fun parties together!).

Ok so anyway, I am anxious to start decorating for fall and since most kids in the area go back to school on Monday, I thought this weekend I could get a {few} things out and just start to show that Fall is coming :)

Here are some decorations from around our house...






I have to get some pumpkins and gourds and maybe a few more decorations to add to my mix...

Here are some cute finds from Etsy.com




BUT my favorite fall decoration...


is Rose in her pumpkin hat made by gramma :)


AND Fall is not Fall without some yummy cookies. Here is one of my favorites:


Brown Sugar Cookies with Browned Butter Icing

Ingredients:

2/3 c. butter, softened
1-1/2 c. brown sugar, packed
2 eggs
1 t. vanilla extract
2-1/2 c. all-purpose flour
1/2 t. baking powder
1 t. baking soda
1/2 t. salt
1 c. sour cream

Directions:

Blend together butter and brown sugar. Add eggs, one at a time; blend well. Add vanilla; beat until light. In a separate bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Add flour mixture to butter mixture alternately with sour cream; mix well. Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto non-stick or lightly greased baking sheets. Bake at 350 degrees for 8 minutes. Remove to a wire rack; cool. Frost with Browned Butter Frosting. Makes 2 dozen

Browned Butter Frosting
1/4 c. butter
1-1/2 c. powdered sugar
2 T. Milk

Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat until it turns golden. Watch carefully as this will happen quickly. Remove from heat. Stir in powdered sugar and enough milk to make a spreading consistency.
http://cafescrapper-scrapsoflife.blogspot.com/2011/02/gooseberry-patch-cookbook-giveaway-with_21.html

HAPPY FALL!

No comments:

Post a Comment