Sunday, October 2, 2011

YUM!

So we decided not to wait any longer, at 5 months and 1 weeks Rose is now eating!We started Saturday with some oatmeal cereal mixed with breast milk...earlier that day I also made my first baby food for Rose, apparently they were my favorite as a baby: sweet potatoes....I followed the recipe on: http://wholesomebabyfood.momtastic.com/ and baked the sweet potatoes and then pureed them in my food processor with some breast milk and water.
I then filled 1 ounce ice cube trays and froze them. I ended up only using two of the sweet potatoes and got 50 cubes which are now stored in freezer bags just waiting for Rose. Next weekend I am getting pears and squash to make for Rose. Honestly, it was super easy and I really enjoyed making this food for Rose. Also it tasted pretty yummy!

Ok. so here are some pictures of Rose eating over the weekend...I think she did really well! She was definitely closing her lips around the spoon and moving the food around her mouth...a lot of it also came back out her mouth :-) But I am sure she ate some! We were just going to do the oatmeal cereal, but I tasted that and it was ok...but remember the sweet potatoes were REALLY yummy, so we gave her some of those too...after this though, we are definitely sticking to only one new food every couple days!







No comments:

Post a Comment