Sunday, May 13, 2012

Sunday Snap Shots


So first off, Matt is doing very well. He had two surgeries this week on his right wrist. He has several pins and a plate put in to stabilize and rebuild the broken bones. Matt may even come home this week to heal before starting rehab.

Rose also had a very big week. She started child care on Wednesday. Daddy and mommy went with…mommy to make sure everything was reviewed with the teachers and daddy to make sure mommy was able to leave L There were some tears, from mommy, Rose was absolutely fine! She went off with her friends and was very interested in the new toys. Her teachers said she had one episode of crying when all the kids surrounded her for story time, but she was able to be consoled just by holding her. When I got there around 2:30pm she was sound asleep on her cot wrapped in her blanket. They said she was super all day and had no problems falling asleep! What a wonderful little girl we have :)

Friday also went well, however, I still cried  a little... One thing I really like about the center is their staffing. They have one staff in the room who works 4 long days a week and the other staff who works regular hours all 4 days. So Rose is with the same 2 people all day and I get a full report of her activities. I also get a sheet with what she ate, how much, when her diaper was changed, and if was wet or poopy :) They also do story time, lots of outside play, and crafts. Friday I got my first craft from Rose and I LOVE it!
I also really LOVE her expression in this picture, which I interpret as: Here, they said you would like this, but I would have rather spent more time outside.

Now that you are going to school you seem like such a big girl!

Saturday was a messy day around home, because we are finally tackling the stairway. Meaning daddy ripped out the plaster and lath while Rose and I went shopping and out for a walk :) Rose has also been struggling with a very runny nose all weekend. She does not have a fever or cough, but the snot just keeps coming. 

Sunday we finally got back to church. Rose and I stayed in the sanctuary for most of the service. She spent her the time on the floor emptying every bag, but she was {mostly} quiet :)

We then spent the rest of our Mother's Day enjoying the beautiful day as a family. We took a nap, went for a walk, ate Rita's, and had lots of play time. This was one of the best weekends we have had so far! I love not having lots of things scheduled or places to go, but just having down time together before we start another busy week.



No comments:

Post a Comment