Sunday, October 28, 2012

18 Months


This week Rose reached the 18 month mark! I can’t believe how time is moving so quickly, but honestly, I do love this age much more then the infant stage. Don’t get me wrong, there are definitely things I miss like rocking Rose to sleep and knowing she will stay exactly where I put her down. But Rose is now so much more fun and interactive. Rose is taking off with her play skills and is really a sweet little girl with her stuffed animals and other little kids. She is also turning into ‘Linus’ and loves having a blankie with her. Rose is also great at following simple directions and LOVES finger painting. Rose, however, has not yet reached the 20 pound mark! She was just ½ lb short at her doctor’s visit, so maybe next time.

Rose does well feeding herself and using utensils. I am amazed at how many parents tell me they have not given their kiddos utensils yet because of the mess they will make...um yes, that's how they learn :) 

Yes, Rose is eating an ice cream cone, but it's ok, because she shared it! 


Ah, and here is the blanket. She didn't used to care about them so much, so they were always left in her crib. Lately she has been pointing to them and 'blanket' is actually one of the words she says more regularly, so we let her have them. Luckily we have three and grandma has her own, so we can keep them clean J


Sorry the pics are a bit blurry, but this is Rose feeding Tahnee. She knows right were we keep her food and will wait until we hand her the measuring cup and then go pour it in Tahnee's bowl and bring back the cup!



Rose understands everything you tell her and shows her personality when she is told she can’t have something or gets into something she knows she is not supposed to. Rose points to EVERYTHING and if  it’s something she really REALLY wants, she uses both little pointer fingers J She points to pictures in a book on command and if you have her point to a monkey, she will then go and show you her stuffed monkey J There is even an iPad game where you have to select the correct food to give to animals and 2/3 times Rose selects the correct item. 

But Rose is not talking much more then she was. She breaks out a few words a day and is trying to imitate more, so those are good things, but the speech therapy continues… As a mother, I totally believe my child is wonderful and never knew how I could love someone so much until Rose. I would like her to just take off speaking and never need therapy; but whether it’s difficulty with language now and may be struggling with chemistry in high school, as a mother my job is to help my child do her best. Rose is different than any other child and will both excel and struggle in areas. I have parents cry all the time when they find out their child is eligible for services because of a developmental delay. Really they should feel validated that they are doing everything they can as a parent to help their child. Enough said :)

Since our trip to the beach Rose just loves all things birds, so this year for Halloween we did get her a costume (thanks to mommy)…she’s a chicken J I wanted to find a seagull costume, but no luck. 

Here is Rose with all her grandparents, who all thought she was the cutest little chick ever :)




1 comment:

  1. Ahh I have so much to say! First Happy Belated Birthday!! I was so sad when I went for my Sunday night Rose-fix before we left for vacation and didn't get to see her. I got all caught up though after you posted after your birthday. :-)

    I love Rose's blonde waves and the pictures of her and her blankie! Love the costume pictures too - you should have told me you wanted her to be a bird I bet she is so petite she would have fit into Lena's chicken costume from last year!!

    Now that vacations are over we need another lunch date AND to plan a Rose-Lena + mommies date. :-)

    ReplyDelete