Sunday, December 16, 2012

Christmas celebrations


We had a jammed packed holiday weekend J Rose got to attend my Christmas party at work on Friday afternoon and although I mostly spent the time chasing her around the restaurant we had fun!

Saturday after our normal trip to the Farmer’s Market we went to a Music Together class which was a demo for prospective families, and their holiday party complete with Santa and friends.
Rose really enjoyed the class. This class was very large; the class we will join in January will be capped at 10 children. Rose was initially very clingy to Justin and I, but as we started singing and playing with instruments she got much more comfortable and moved about the group. We are really looking forward to going every week!





So back to Santa. We didn’t bother taking Rose to sit on any Santa’s last year. I figured she was too young to understand what was going on and I really didn’t need a picture of a stranger holding my child to pack away with her baby items. But since Santa was there we gave it a try. I told Rose this was Santa and he is a fun guy who our culture uses as a symbol for Christmas (I’ll give her the whole rundown when she is older, but thought I should at least try and tell her something). Anyway, as soon as I went to sit her on his lap she cried (which really made me feel better than if she had just accepted being placed in some strangers lap). So we got some very nice pictures next to Santa J





Since we didn’t get home until after noon and then it was even later when Rose finally went down for a nap, we decided to try an outing to Christmas Village, figuring Rose would be able to stay up past her normal bedtime. Ok, if you get nothing else out of this post here it is: DON’T GO TO CHRISTMAS VILLAGE (at least on a weekend close to Christmas). There was a lineup of cars on 183 back to Old Church Road. So after we finally arrived the parking attendants were very rude and seemed more interested in chatting with each other and waving their wands, then actually getting you to a parking space. I also think $9 for an adult is overpriced. Anyway, Rose seemed to enjoy some of the lights and now we can say we went. IF we go again we will definitely plan to go when it is less busy.






We ended the weekend celebrating Papa’s birthday. Rose got an early Christmas present from great-grandma...FINGER PAINTS :)




So we had to try them out :)


And no birthday is complete for my dad without a homemade angel food cake. I think this year's was the tallest yet!

Rose was enjoying a mix of chocolate and coffee ice cream thanks to Nana.

Rose got Papa a pair of oven mitts (for when he grills), anyway, she thought they were fun and hopes he enjoys them.

And now we're on the final countdown! I can't wait to have even less room in our house with all of Rose's new toys ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment