Sunday, February 10, 2013

Weekend Wrap-Up


Well I’m glad that one is over! This weekend Justin was going to be away from Friday to Saturday helping a friend move some cars to Massachusetts. So when they heard about all of the snow coming, did they decide to postpone their trip? NO! They just decided to go a day earlier, boo :(



So Rose and I were home alone on Thursday night. Justin has been away for a few hours during the night plowing, but never an entire night. Everything went fine with Rose, but I didn't sleep well at all. I kept waking to every little noise and feeling very worried that something would happen.

Luckily he made it back by 6pm on Friday before we got too much snow, but then he did leave again early Saturday morning to plow, so another night’s sleep was interrupted :(

Anyway we did have a productive weekend and lots of fun with Rose, even if her Dive attitude made an appearance on Sunday J Something I wanted to get done was a little kitchen project for Rose. Who doesn’t need more countertop space? Nana found us an end table at the thrift store and we were all set (it was already on wheels, so one less step for daddy). We also just used some paint we already had to spruce it up and I got some cute fabric to make a curtain on the front. (Yes, I used my sewing machine; no, it is not pretty, but it works!)


We also got Rose a super fun coffee machine since she already knows how to use our real machine to make mommy and daddy coffee. She LOVED it! (Don’t tell her, but she’ll be getting another fun toy for her new rolling island for Valentine’s Day.)


Nana and Papa also dropped of a Valentine’s Day gift for Rose…BIRD HOUSES J
I hope the birds come right up to this one and don’t mind the cure little face pressed against the window to watch them. We stuck her bird out there to give them the idea and then she tried to feed her bird from the inside, isn't she so creative?




Rose also helped fill another bird feeder that daddy hung outside tonight. Now, bring on the birds!

Rose played a lot this weekend too. This week I had Justin bring home a dishwasher box. I remember my dad bringing home boxes that we would use to play in as little 'houses'. Rose loves hers and and even got to paint it!





We also played with blocks and trains to make sure we are exposing Rose to more toys then just dolls and kitchens :)




I know there are lots of people who think Rose favors Justin, but I think she is really starting to look like her mommy!

No comments:

Post a Comment