Monday, February 4, 2013

Weekend Wrap-Up


This weekend was a busy one! Saturday morning we had our weekly trip to the farmer’s market where Rose is spoiled with samples of cheese and fruit J Rose and I then were off to our music group, where we had lots of fun with our homemade instruments. After a quick lunch and nap, we were then off to Brahm’s 3rd Birthday Party. 
(Rose didn't understand to pick up the candy, until we got her a bag and told her it was 
time to 'clean up'!)




We had a wonderful time celebrating this awesome little boy’s birthday, but the drive home was AWFUL L It took us over 2 hours to get home. Rose spent about 5 hours in the car on Saturday and except for an hour she slept on the way home, Rose was awake and pretty pleasant.

I am so glad I caught this ‘look’. Rose has started giving us this squinty eye look. Isn't it super cute? It seems to mean that she finds whatever we are asking her to do (here I was asking her to look at mommy for a picture) a silly request of her time.

After our long care ride home, poor Justin had to go plow for a few hours early Sunday morning. We didn't have that much going on Sunday, but we were both tired so it felt like more. Justin did get some more demo done on the back bedroom and a new water system installed. I made brownies and Rice Krispy treats for the Super Bowl party and 3 batches of play dough. I also made a quick trip to A C Moore to get some supplies for a wreath for spring and Rose’s party.

I have NEVER made Rise Krispy treats before, because my mom makes the most amazing gooey treats, but since we were headed to Justin's family for the Super Bowl, I figured this was a good time to try them out. Rose thought they were delicious!


We headed down to Grandma and Grandpa's for the Super Bowl. Originally we were going to stay for the whole Super Bowl and so decided since Rose goes to Grandma's on Monday morning anyway, to let her have her first sleepover. We still kept with that plan and Rose slept over at Grandma's (Grandpa even took the day off to spend with his favorite ladies), but Justin and I left soon after the stadium lights went out because we were just so tired. I really did miss Rose this morning. Even though we don't get much time together before everyone leaves, it was hard to start my day without a few kisses. But Rose had a great day and I'm sure we'll do it again (in a few months!).








No comments:

Post a Comment