Sunday, March 24, 2013

Weekly Wrap-Up and 23 Months!


We got lots of projects done this week and weekend.

Monday night we finished off the wall above Rose’s crib. In typical Heather Style, this wall has undergone several different designs, but I *think* we are finally done! Luckily there are plenty of other walls I get to still design J
The wording on the wall says 'Let her SLEEP, for when she wakes, she will move mountains'. I am also really happy to have a place to display some of Rose's newborn pictures since our living room now has all one year photos

Rose has also been in a really happy mood all week. I think she is finally feeling better both from being sick and getting more teeth. We had lots of fun playing with a variety of her toys and also because I am in the midst of another project, we got out some of Rose’s baby clothing that I am saving and Rose LOVED putting them on her dolls and even herself J


This little outfit is a size 3 months and was one of my FAVORITE outfits for Rose to wear. She was able to wear it through most of the summer of her first year. It *almost* still fits ;)

Rose also got to enjoy some time with special people. On Friday night Aunt Kate came to play and have dinner. We had lots of fun with Kate and it was nice to have another adult in the home to talk with and to take a turn running after Rose.


Since we are on a 2 week break from music class, Grandpa and Grandma picked Rose up on Saturday morning for a breakfast date!

I also got a e-mail from Annie Eats on Saturday with a recipe for Banana Scones with Browned Buttered Icing. I am a total sucker for anything with browned butter, so while Rose was off, I made them. I think they are really yummy and a nice change for a breakfast items.

Saturday evening I had a special Easter craft for Rose. I didn’t think she would really be into dipping eggs in dye yet, so when I found this on Pinterest, I knew it would be a hit! At first Rose wasn’t so sure of the shaving cream feeling, but by the end she was smashing it and totally covered!


Just to prove Rose is sooo like her mother, first I blinked....

then Rose did :)


Today Rose has reached another milestone: 23 Months!!!

This is it, the countdown until Rose reaches 2! I am happy to report that party plans are underway and I *think* manageable! After we get out the invitations I will probably feel a bit more panicked, but so far so good J
So here’s the update on Rose’s development:
-Rose is matching colors and will pick requested colors from 2-3 choices. She is also matching a puzzle with 8 different shapes.
-Rose is pointing to items and seems to be using deduction to point to less familiar items when requested. She is also using the signs and words she knows to label things she sees.
- Rose continues to LOVE birds and will use the sign for ‘bird’ when she sees one outside
-Rose is enjoying all things sweet and can say ‘candy’, not this mama’s favorite thing for her, but in moderation she does get her candy!
-Rose is still not interested in TV and will watch about 5 minutes of a show before preferring to play with her dolls or look at book, this mama LOVES that!
-Rose is able to unscrew the top of the toothpaste and insists on brushing her teeth several times a day
-Rose continues to be a pretty good eater and great sleeper
-Rose is social when around other children and participates in story time and music group
- Rose is growing! She has started to wear some 24month/2 T clothes this past week
-Rose is using more words, I think we are up to about 10 pretty consistent words and some others that will pop out


No comments:

Post a Comment