Sunday, March 17, 2013

Weekly Wrap-Up

I am happy to report that Rose and I are feeling much better (I will get to Justin later...).

This weekend Rose and I spent lots of time driving places, mostly just the two of us girls.
On Saturday we all got back to our weekly farmer's market trip

And Rose and I attended the last Music Together class for the winter session (spring session starts in April and we are enrolled for more music fun!).

We also enjoyed an early St Patty's Day treat...cupcakes! I know there are cupcake places all over, but so far, my favorite cupcakes come from Delish in West Reading :)

 Rose also thought it was fun that there was more snow on Saturday, though when asked if she wanted to go out with daddy, she shook her head 'no'.

So we stayed inside and played vet with Tahnee. Although Tahneee got to be the one with the stethoscope :)

Saturday night we celebrated my brother's 29th birthday and Papa and Nana stayed with sleeping Rose. Justin and I didn't get home until midnight! I can't remember the last time we were up that late.

To get started Sunday morning Rose helped make some yummy green smoothies. (I freeze the bananas and then don't add any ice. I also skip the vanilla extract).



After Rose's speech session, we went up to the Lehigh Valley Mall, because I had a coupon for Stride Rite and there were some other stores I wanted to check out.

So here's where our productive weekend met an end. During Rose's session Justin said he got something in his eye and went to remove it. He and I both looked and couldn't find anything after rinsing his eye out, but he complained that it hurt a lot. I said we could skip the shopping trip, but he wanted to 'walk it off'. By the time we got close to the mall it still really hurt so we stopped at CVS for some drops and Rose and I went shopping while he waited in the Jeep. The only reason I wanted to go to Stride Rite was because Rose has been going through shoes every 2-3 months and I wanted to see if we could skip the half sizes to get a little more wear out of the shoes. Long story short I did get her measured again and decided to skips the halves, but they had nothing in stock I wanted, so we left the mall with nothing :(

 I made Justin go to an Urgent Care Center while I took care of Rose's lunch and nap. After about an hour he was home, as a pirate!

Justin scratched his cornea and was told to rest for the day and hopefully by Monday he would be back to normal.

The easiest way to rest around our house is without Rose around, so Rose and I went off again.
First we went to Barnes and Noble because this mommy needed a cappuccino and Rose can always use a new book. (On a side note, Rose ate this entire apple)

Rose and I then went down to Nana and Papa's for dinner and to celebrate Nana's birthday tomorrow! I think Rose was getting tired of all the car seat pictures, but I actually really love her squinty look when she is annoyed with me :)

Have a great week! Maybe soon everyone in our home will be healthy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment