Sunday, April 7, 2013

Weekly Wrap-Up


Happy WARM Weekend J It is so exciting to spend more time outside than inside during the day. Last summer Rose practically lived in her sandbox and this year has started off right back in the box J



Nothing better than toes in the sand :)

Rose enjoyed being outside much of the time this weekend and we even ate a few meals 'a fresco'. Rose also REALLY enjoys playing in the vehicles, pushing buttons and buckling herself in her carseat. 


Sunday we also had a great time at the local park on a play date with Rachel and Ethan. Next time we all get together Liam (Rachel is due in a few short weeks) will also be around, can't wait to meet him!


Rose was back to a normal nap schedule for her grandma and nana this week, yay! Something is still up with weekend naps though, I kept asking Rose if she wanted to take a nap starting at noon, by 2pm I told Rose she WAS tired and going to nap. She fell asleep ok, but woke up crying L We did have an awesome day overall and got LOTS done, but by 7pm Rose was pretty grumpy from being tired, so we put that cute bum to bed! Sunday was pretty much the same routine, but Rose was very pleasant after her 30 minute nap and stayed up to 7:30pm. 

Thanks to Nana and some thrift store shopping we have a good start to Rose’ spring/summer wardrobe. This week is the JBF sale. I have been going since I was pregnant and in the fall cosigned and volunteered for the first time. I am selling a couple things this time around, but decided not to volunteer. Anyway my items are all tagged and Wednesday I can start shopping! 

Around here we try to take what goes 'in' and 'on' our bodies seriously, but also find that when we eat good things and use natural products we feel better too! 

Over the last two weeks I have made pasta sauce and chicken broth in large batches and stocked up my freezer. This week I also made some mayo and pesto! (I don't have links to recipes because they were all in cookbooks, sorry!) 


So I like to think of myself as this crazy awesome homemaker, which I definitely am! But mostly I am just a normal wife/mom, working a 40 hour a week job, paying off student loans and a mortgage  and always complaining that there needs to be more time in a day :) I am also truly committed to ensuring that my family eats well (yes, there is candy in my house!). Each of these recipes took less then 20 minutes prep time and then just had to be cooked or blended. This week I am going to try and make a HUGE batch of BBQ sauce :)

Also we have just about replaced all our health care items with natural products (some just how they come, some we make, and others that are bought). Here's a shout out for: Meadow Muffin Gardens. She is right here in Berks County and makes the most wonderful products for your skin!


No comments:

Post a Comment