Sunday, May 5, 2013

Weekly Wrap-Up


I am so HAPPY to report that this week was very not crazy J The last two weekends with Rose and Justin’s birthdays were a bit busy around here, but this week we were pretty much back to our normal routines. 

We have been enjoying the beautiful weather and hope it keeps up. Rose hardly ever comes in the house until bed time unless I can coax her to sit on the potty. Rose is getting more and more consistent with going on the potty. At grandma’s she has some days with no wet diapers; here at home we are a little less successful, but we are getting there J

Rose also enjoys the local park, she is fearless on the playground equipment! She goes down the big slide all by herself and even hangs off the bars.

First Rose warms up on the small slide...

It's a long climb up to the top of the big slide:


Then it's fun all the way down!


This week has also been a terrific week because Rose is using some new words very consistently!! About two weeks ago Rose starting babbling the ‘ba’ sound so we have been working on words with the ‘ba’ sound. Rose is now saying ‘baby’ and ‘bye bye’!!!! On Saturday she also broke out a ‘lalala’ in music class during two different songs. When we went to leave class, I took Rose up to Christine (our class leader) and had Rose say ‘bye bye’, Christine and I both started crying! Tears of pure happiness J Rose still has a lot of words to go, but I can’t tell you how happy I have been with these new words!

Saturday was also an awesome day because Becky and Anna met us for lunch. Becky drove all the way from Bloomsburg with 2 children to spend the afternoon with Rose and I (Brahm got dropped off at his grandparents). I don’t think I would have tried that long of a car ride with Rose all by myself, so hats off to Becky. We had a wonderful lunch at Betty’s in Kutztown and then came back home to play.





I sneaked in some time with Anna while Rose took a nap :)


After Becky and Anna headed out, I made Rose some more sidewalk paint (a mixture of corn starch, water, and food coloring). It works pretty well and seems not to stain clothing J


Rose also enjoyed putting on mommy’s sunglasses, isn't she a cutie?




Sunday was also a very ‘talkative’ day for Rose. At her speech session she said 14 different word/word approximations! That is an all time record for a session and I think she is somewhere around 20-25 words that I would give her credit for, we are getting there J

Justin has also been very productive working around the house. It is lawn mowing season again, I really think grass just wastes our time, but I don’t really have a good alternative, so I guess we’ll keep it. Justin is working on electrical in the back bedroom. The next step is insulation, drywall, floors, and ceiling. Then it will really start to feel like a room!

No comments:

Post a Comment