Monday, May 27, 2013

Weekly Wrap-Up

Happy Memorial Day! My thoughts are with all those who serve and their families who are without them.

Rose had a great week :) I think she is finally over all the runny nose/allergy/teething stuff (at least for now), so it was lots of fun, especially outside!

While the weather was still nice and warm on Monday, Rose enjoyed making bubbles in her water table and eventually was covered herself!

On Wednesday we planted some tomatoes with Nana.

Rose had to cool off with some yummy homemade strawberry-banana pops. Justin insisted he never had the Popsicle makers with the attached straw, but I remember them and think they were the greatest idea!

At the end of the week Nana dropped off a very large chalk broad for Rose. I am not sure it will stay outside, probably it will go in the office...

 Justin {finally} brought Rose's trampoline back down and Rose had a good time getting bounced around this weekend.

In our pursuit to keep eating healthy, this week at the farmer's market we loaded up on dried fruits and nuts, to make our own snack mixes. On the counter they had baked/dried green beanssamples. Well, Rose LOVED them so we now have a bag full of them to munch on also :)
 

During car rides between all our activities this weekend I gave Rose her 'File Folder' binder, I am between making afghans right now, so this is my new project. File Folder games (just search google) are activities that can be laminated to a file folder and then you use velcro to place/match whatever your game is, then I store them in a binder. In this activity it was sorting fruit to place in a basket and animals that stuck to a barn. I have made 5 games so far and have TONS of ideas. I think I will try to keep these just for car rides and rainy days, so she doesn't get bored of them. 

Sunday evening we joined my parents and grandparents for dinner. About a month ago Grandma Bechtel was in the hospital with pneumonia and since then her children have been taking turns bringing meals. 

I don't know if you can see, but Nana is also holding a dish of M&M's that Rose enjoyed throughout the evening :)

There is always a box of toys for little ones to play with, I played with these toys when I was young too. (Most of them are probably older than me!)


Sadly, somewhere between the pictures above and while eating dinner, Grandma broke her clavicle. She told us she was in a lot of pain in her arm, after discussing what to do, Grandpa and my dad took her to the hospital where after x-rays they saw that she had broken her clavicle. She is healing at home, but was still in a lot of pain today. Please keep her in your prayers.

Before we left, Nana, Rose and I got this cute pic on the front porch :)

Here are some other cute pics I found from the week:


As for today, we didn't really do anything special. Rose spent the morning and nap time with her grandpa and grandma while Justin and I went off to breakfast and cleaned the attic, which was REALLY great to get done!!!

We did take Rose to the local park on the way home; I think Justin needs to make Rose a door for her playhouse :)


No comments:

Post a Comment