Sunday, August 4, 2013

Weekly Wrap-Up

It's one of those weeks, we just wonder where the time went and how we got through it all...

The week started out pleasant enough. Monday we celebrated Uncle Josh's birthday and Rose was in heaven to be able to have some time with Aunt Jenni :)


Tuesday also seemed to start out well. Rose took a trip with Grandpa and Grandma to Conowingo Dam to see the eagles. While Rose seems to have enjoyed herself she refused to take a nap in the car and so was exhausted by the time we had her first swimming class. Rose enjoys the water and swims a few times a week with grandma in their pool, but I thought this would be a fun activity for us to do with Rose.

Rose made it about 20 minutes in the pool and then started shivering and asking for out. By the time we got home and gave Rose a warm bath, she had a slight fever. 

By Wednesday she was very clingy and had a low fever on and off. I chalked this up to Rose being tired and we didn't worry much.  Thursday was pretty much the same except that after her nap Rose had several pimples around her mouth. So I called the doctor and made an appointment for Friday. 

I had thought it might be hand, foot, and mouth, but with no signs other than the sores on her mouth it was diagnosed as Inpetigo :( Rose got a prescription for a cream and antibiotic. This weekend was the annual clam bake and so my sister and her family were coming up for the weekend. Since we now knew what Rose had and what precautions to take we still went out for dinner with the cousins on Friday. 

Rose really enjoys being with her cousins


I am so focused on either Justin or I (and preferably both of us) being present in Rose's life as much as possible. This means we have both chosen jobs with flexibility to be home when Rose needs us and to have evenings and weekends together. However, once in a while Justin and I need *a little* time together for just us. Since we decided not to take Rose with us to the clam bake Saturday night I BEGGED my mother to watch Rose so Justin and I could have a faux date, with 20+ of my closest relatives :) (To be fair, Nana doesn't really like clams and she REALLY loves Rose, so I don't think she minded too much!)


Justin and I tended the clams for a bit to give others a change to eat. There were over 1500 clams to cook!

  I definately ate my share of these little guys, I lost track after 2 dozen, but think I was close to about 4 before the night was over :)


Sunday Rose was feeling much better :) Her cousins stopped in to see her before returning to VA. AND since they remembered the slide this trip up, Rose now has her climbing wall to go up and slide to go down!



No comments:

Post a Comment