Sunday, August 11, 2013

Weekly Wrap-Up

Rose is feeling much better! Monday she was still a little tired and not eating as much, but by Tuesday our little flower had returned to her normal self…actually a REALLY hungry version of herself. I don’t think we have offered Rose food this week that she hasn’t finished and asked for more.

Rose was easily, um...irritated with me this week. She does not like having her picture taken, especially when she would rather be doing something else. Example: on Monday Rose wanted to wear the necklace I wore to work and so I let her and then I wanted a pic of her with the necklace and me with the earrings, this is what I got:

No worries, once we headed out to drive the Jeep she was all smiles again :) (yes, I let Rose *drive* the Jeep back and forth in our yard)

This week has been pretty much our normal: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday with Grandma and Wednesday with Nana. Rose plays outside, goes for walks, plays inside, took a trip to the horse farm, and went to story time. Right now Rose’s favorite toys are her doll house and babies (babies have been a favorite for a long time and she has the cutest high pitch voice she uses to say ‘baby’).





Weekends we go to the farmer’s market and Justin works around the house. This weekend he completed the trim in our master bedroom. AND since he got that all done on Saturday, he had enough time to also install the reading lights over our bed :) Justin was able to work so quickly with Rose as his little helper! (on a side note: whenever one of Rose's toys breaks, such as a door coming off her car, she will get her play hammer and drill and start 'fixing" them. Papa is so proud!)




Sunday we went to a farewell party for Kate and Jon as they get ready to head to Rhema Bible College in a few weeks. Kate requested I make her cheesecake brownies J


(nobody was cooperating with my picture taking, so this is what you get)

As a going away present I sent some of Rose's artwork to decorate their new apartment and since they won't be home until Christmas, I sent along an ornament I made for them out of their wedding program. I also made one for Matt and Jenni (which they have, so I am not ruining any surprises). I had also made each couple an afghan for their wedding present (I really am semi-crafty!), but didn't take pictures...I will have to sneak into their homes and get pictures ;)

One thing I cannot do, but do plan on learning, is using a sewing machine. Last year I bought Rose and I matching shirts from an Etsy seller and I also purchased another one in the next size up for her, so we could match again this year. I think Rose understood that we were matching today, she kept pointing to her skirt and mine and then hers again...


On a sad note, we said good-bye to the Honda this week. We decided that while have an extra vehicle is nice, it's not necessary and not worth the upkeep. With 315,000 miles on it and who knows how many more to go, we sold it :( I hope she breaks 500,000!

We'll follow that with a happy note: I *think* Rose is potty trained :) Now she still wears a diaper for naps and bedtime, but this past week she has been 100% while in panties during the day! Part of me is really going to miss the cloth diapering experience.

We are on the countdown to our beach vacation. I am excited to see if Rose loves the pigeons as much this year as last year. Next year we probably will not do a whole week at the beach (maybe a long weekend), so I am going to enjoy this whole week with my family.  

No comments:

Post a Comment