Sunday, November 24, 2013

Thanksmas?

I have always felt that Thanksgiving is robbed as a holiday by the commercial draw of Christmas...this year I think it is at an all time low :( 
I received e-mails from stores advertising sales for this weekend as a 'pre-Black Friday Sale weekend', really? My all time frustration is with those stores that do open on Thanksgiving. SO eat a meal with your loved ones and share all you are thankful for...then go run around stores like hooligans to get more stuff! While I'm at it another frustration: Christmas music. Please stop playing it until the day AFTER Thanksgiving!!! I also have NO Christmas decor in my house and will not until after Friday. 
In case it was lost in the subtly above ;) I will not be shopping on Thanksgiving and most likely will not go out on Friday either. I am truly blessed to have loved ones close to spend Thanksgiving with and will enjoy Friday with Rose :) To those who work retail (as I did for several years) good luck on Friday (and Thursday if you have to work then too)!
Really winter doesn't even start until December 21 and lots of scholars make the case that Jesus was born in the summer or fall...I would definitely sign a petition to move Christmas to another day of the year so everything is not so smashed together.
That said I have gotten my Christmas cards and started Christmas shopping (we mostly get gift cards for people), what's a girl to do?

**this year I finally ordered an return address stamp! I am not sure why it has taken me 5 years to decide we were not moving for awhile and to get one, but this year cards will go a little faster!

**also I will NOT throw Rose's artwork away, no matter how high the pile grows. I have used it to wrap gifts in the past and this year I made some into envelopes for the gift cards :)


Anyway, Rose had a wonderful week with her grandma and nana. And we enjoyed family time to start the weekend with dinner out on Friday.
 Rose was a little ham, trying to get the other diners to laugh at her silliness.



We also cleaned the office upstairs (to hold some of Rose's toys when we have to find a spot for a tree and after Christmas for the great "toy rearrangement so mommy can have some room in her house back").

The pictures I ordered also arrived this week and I was able to update the pictures in our living room, look how much Rose has grown! My dad told me last week that Rose is not a baby anymore...wrong! Every time I see her, I see that little bundle I first held in my arms :)


No comments:

Post a Comment