Sunday, December 15, 2013

So I wasn’t sure if I was going to share this with the whole world, or at least those of you who read this blog, but I think this is definitely something we will want to look back on and laugh.

Rose does not watch TV, it’s not that we don’t allow her to watch TV, she just doesn't watch it. She does, however, love YouTube videos, especially those of babies…laughing, swimming, driving, and eating cake. Rose REALLY loves the videos of babies eating (smashing) their first cakes, so much that she asked for her own cake to smash. So I made her some J
Last Saturday during her nap I made 6 small Bundt cakes and we let Rose have at it. She ended up mostly smashing it and eating very little, although I can attest that the cake really was delicious. Since we had so many she also enjoyed smashing one again on Sunday at lunch and Tuesday at lunch! (I even sang the Happy Birthday song to her…she really loved that!) 
This may seem very silly to some and yes, cake was wasted in the process, but Rose had fun! I guess for me, it’s more important that Rose be a toddler and have lots of experiences then a couple extra crumbs on my floor. So that’s my parenting confession!


Tuesday we enjoyed a SNOW DAY! I did work a few hours, but was excited to be able to stay home and enjoy an extra day with Rose. This year Rose seems to love the snow (yay…) so after watching it fall, we headed out to play before lunch.

Rose decided to kiss/eat the snow...

Rose also asked to have my ceramic Christmas Tree in her room this year, she loves to redecorate the lights J My grandmother and great grandmother have/had trees like this, this is a thrift store find from my mommy, but I hope to pass it down to Rose one day for her home.


We also made a snowman to hang on Rose’s door

And even found a couple pumpkins to paint (hey, technically it is still fall)

The rest of the week was back to normal, which for Rose means lots of time playing with her babies. 
(do yous see how looong this little girl is getting? last week I had to buy her 3T pants!)


Justin was all prepared to go out plowing early Saturday morning, but luckily it held off, so we enjoyed a whole Saturday together. We made our rounds at the farmer’s market, baked chocolate chip cookies, and even did a little more present shopping (I am *almost* done!). Justin and Rose also played in the snow.     
Even with the snow outside Rose still enjoys her frozen treats!


 I thought we were almost in the clear for Justin being home until Rose was in bed, BUT he got the call right after dinner L Rose and I reconfigured her train track and then had bath time. Rose has become quite the little fish in the tub. Baths have been taking 45+ minutes and Rose floats on her back and washes her hair several times J Justin did make it back home in time to kiss Rose goodnight and get a little sleep before he headed back out and did not return home until 4:30am…

Sunday, Rose and I made ourselves breakfast and played a bit while Justin slept a few more hours. After he woke up, he and Rose cleaned off the cars and sidewalks, then he got called out to plow again…


We ended our weekend with dinner at my parents and a nice evening together. I just have to get through this week and then I am home with Rose until the New Year!!!

I also mailed 99% of our Christmas cards this past week. This year we sent cards as far west as Arizona and as far east as Africa! Most of our cards were to family in PA with many in Berks County (my grandparents actually live on the same road as us, it just changes names!). I feel very fortunate to have family so close to share in many memories with Rose (although Hawawii sounds good about now).


I would love to send everyone a card…but that would really blow the budget, sorry! So here is our 2013 Christmas card with pictures from Carlson Photography.

No comments:

Post a Comment