Sunday, December 8, 2013

Tis the Season

We had a very typical week, which is just how we like them! Rose was up to her normal fun...

walking in mommy's shoes

 playing babies...yes, this is how messy Rose gets when 'playing' with her babies
and yes, Rose climbs up with her babies :)

and reading to herself :)

This weekend was another story, however, we were BUSY! I started some decorating last weekend, but we decided to get our tree on Saturday (since we don't have music class in December, we have a bit of extra time, which gets used up fast!). 

I didn't really think Rose knew too much of what was going on the last two Christmas's, so I didn't worry about her 'tree picking experience' and we just picked up a tree from a Boy Scout group. This year I decided we would have an experience :) After shopping at the farmer's market we headed to Geissler Tree Farm. We rode out to the field in a horse drawn wagon, picked and cut down our own tree (we got a Fraser this year), and then enjoyed hot chocolate while the tree was prepared for our trip home! Rose loved the wagon ride and watching the tree fall down. 







After Rose's nap, she and I decorated the tree including a nativity and train...I'm starting to wonder exactly how I am going to explain Christmas (who is Santa, why we have trees, give lots of presents to each other, and celebrate Jesus' birth) to Rose as she starts to ask more questions in the next few years.  Anyway we had fun decorating the tree and daddy helped Rose put the star on top!


 (look at that little baby)



AND we weren't done with our festive activities. We went to Oley Mennonite's Live Nativity after dinner. I'm not really sure what Rose thought was happening...I tried to explain that we were celebrating the birth of a baby. I wonder what all these Christmas activities seem like to her?

(Justin LOVES being in pictures with Rose)

Sunday after church, my parents came home with Rose and I for lunch. After Rose started her nap, Justin and I headed off to our neighbor's birthday party. We have been VERY fortunate to have awesome neighbors both in our first home and again here. 

We made it back home just as Rose was waking from her nap and as the snow started to fall. We had watched a bit of the Eagles game with lunch and Rose kept looking out our windows trying to find the snow. Needless to say, she was delighted when she woke up and there was snow everywhere! So we bundled up and headed outside. Rose loved the snow and would have stayed out for hours, but I brought her back inside after about 30 minutes...I am not a fan of the cold :(


No comments:

Post a Comment