Sunday, February 2, 2014

Here's what you're up to sweet Rose :)

Hi Rose!

I feel like we are on the home stretch of yet another milestone...you'll be 3 in less than 3 months!

I can't believe how the past few years have flown by, it truly feels just like just yesterday I was getting ready to meet you for the first time and cuddle you in my arms. It has been such a wonderful experience getting to watch you develop and start your journey to do so many great things!

Maybe someday you'll look back and read through these blogs...I hope at times you laugh, at times you think your dad and I were crazy, but all of the time I hope you realize how truly treasured and loved you are to us.

So here's a quick update on your development and what we were up to this week :)

Rose at 33 months:
-can count to 10
-can make all your vowel sounds
-favorite color is orange
-shares instruments at music class
-loves animals
-shy around new people
-love fruit and dairy
-want to finger paint almost every day

We also started your collage wall this weekend (mostly because the stairway walls are taking WAAAYYYY too long to finish). I decided pretty early on that I just cannot save everything. I don't want to save everything. I want to keep special items that will bring up stories and meaningful moments in your life. So, around your birthday each year I go through the items I have held on to and place them in a memory box. I have your newborn outfit, crocheted sweaters from grandma and nana, shoes, artwork, and a few other items. I have also framed your birth announcements, birthday invitations, and Christmas cards. Eventually we will have to spread out to more walls :)

This week everyone finally worked a full week :) There were no doctors visits, holidays, or snow days...I really think that's the only week in January we had a regular week! This week is also going to be very busy with appointments, but...let's think positive that everything will start to get back into a routine.

We played lots this week. Rose loves to play with her dollhouse as part of our pre-bed routine...I think it's a stall tactic, but she is getting much more elaborate in her play routines and it's fun to watch.

Saturday was VERY busy. As usual we started out at the farmer's market and then went to music class. On the way home we stopped for a final set of x-rays to make sure everything is healed and the cast can come off on Wednesday :) Then we had lunch and got ready to head to Bloomsburg for Brahm's 4th birthday party.




We finally made it home around 9pm (after 4 bathroom, 1 home depot, and 1 dunkin donuts stops!).

Rose had her Sunday morning speech therapy session and I am so excited at how much progress Rose has made. On Tuesday Rose will have her 3rd Early Intervention evaluation. We started therapy at 10 months after her first evaluation at which time Rose had no sounds. Rose had her first word 'go' at 18 months and after a slow accumulation of words, she has recently really started to take off! I would say she is using over 100 word/word approximations and is using many 2 word phrases. She is also getting easier to understand and using more sounds in her words. Some people may think that Rose would have just been a late talker and tell me that I worried for nothing...they are wrong. I don't second guess getting Rose involved in speech therapy and now adding more speech therapy sessions. I feel relieved that I acted as soon as I did and I feel wonderful that Rose has made so much progress!

After cleaning up the house a bit we decided to run some errands...and ended up buying a new sofa! We had been planning to get a new couch this spring, but found one we liked on sale and so why wait? After a few more errands we took Rose to her favorite burger joint (5 Guys) where she loves to eat the peanuts almost as much as the burger and fries :)

We ended our weekend with story time (even Meow joined us).


No comments:

Post a Comment