Sunday, March 30, 2014

Party!

We ended our week, and spent much of our week getting ready for, Baby Bechtel’s Shower.
We all pitched in to celebrate the arrival of my brother’s first child and Rose’s first little cousin. Justin did a marvelous job at a diaper tractor. I planned the games and activities for the shower and Rose contributed her cuteness :)

We have also started planning Rose’s 3rd birthday and sent out some invites this week…now I really need to work on all the fun stuff :)

When we weren't busy with party planning, we spent lots of time together and being silly.
I’m not sure what Rose has planned for herself down the road, but if she ever decided to be a mommy, she is getting lots of practice in. This kid has crazy baby playing skills. She makes sure they have bibs on, blows on their food, wipes and places clean diapers on their bums, and rocks them to sleep. Sometimes it feels like I have an in-home child care :) 

We also played outside…with babies!
 

Rose also likes to act like her mama...and I LOVE it :) 
Here she is typing her 'work' while watching her baby

And she insisted on putting in her 'eyes' like mommy :)

My two favorite moments this week I didn't capture in photo or video which would have been even better L
-After some encouragement and mommy promising to catch her, Rose had enough courage to slide down her slide, and she LOVED it! I asked her how many times she wanted to go down and she would hold up her whole hand and say ‘5’….10 times later she said ‘5’ again J
-Saturday after it started raining and we had to come inside, Rose found her bouncy balls (2 of them) and LOVED bouncing them off everything in the house (luckily nothing was broken!). She especially enjoyed when her release was off and the balls flew in different directions.

Sunday we had a great time at Bruce and Kate’s Baby Shower

 Before the people...yup so it was a sportsman's club, no extra charge for all the dead animals :)

After all the people...I think there may have been more people at this shower than at my wedding reception ;)

The expectant couple!!!

Justin made an awesome diaper tractor


I was the hostess for the shower and in charge of the games. Luckily we decided not to play too many games because of the large group of people. Everything seemed to go well and Baby Bechtel received LOTS of great presents!

Here is my happy family :) 
(Rose was enjoying a cupcake and has some blue icing on her face to prove it!)

No comments:

Post a Comment