Sunday, June 15, 2014

Happy Father's Day

So it was a rainy week and that meant we had to find lots of fun things to do inside between dashes outside to play between raindrops :)

We brought the car inside and Rose drove her babies to Nana's house

We also played A LOT with play dough...I think I'm still finding it all over the house :)


We also got to paint nails, surprisingly Rose did end up getting most of it on my toenails! 

Rose and daddy sent me pics of their enjoying cookies and coffee...made me jealous :(


We also read tons of books, Rose's favorite is the photo album I had put together of Rose's first 3 months...she also continues to insist that she is a 'baby'. Well, she'll always be my baby :)

Oh and one of my favorite rain days activities, cleaning out drawers!

This week felt reeeeaaaallllyyyy long :( I was so excited about Saturday to spend time together as a family. Justin decided to head out in the morning, though, to look at some new Jeeps to replace ours, but didn't like the ones he found. Then right before he got home all our water stopped working! After Justin got home and talked to my uncle (who is a supervisor at a local plumbing contractor) he tried a few things, but they decided the pump was dead. My uncle came up and helping Justin pull up 144 feet of piping to get to the pump! Also luckily, my uncle had what we needed in stock and was able to go get us a new one. My dad also came up and the three of them had it all done in only a couple hours. This reminds me how thankful I am for family and that we live so close!

Rose and I were the supervisors of this project because she wanted a job too :)

Rose and I made some Father's Day pies on Saturday and we decided to eat them a little early to make us all feel better :)

Sunday was a much better day! After Justin let me sleep in :) I made him his favorite breakfast: sausage and gravy with homemade biscuits. 

After church we took my dad and mom out to lunch because Rose LOVES to 'eat out'! Funny moment: At the end of the meal the waiter asked if anyone wanted dessert and without a pause Rose says 'ME ME ME!' And Rose got her dessert :)

Rose and I made Justin a card because we love homemade things and Rose loves finger paints :)


Rose and I are both very thankful to have wonderful father's in our lives! Happy Father's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment