Friday, March 2, 2012

no candy sweetheart :)

Tonight we went grocery shopping. Rose really loves to be out and about and the grocery store is full of fun things to see. While we were in the checkout line she tried to 'add' a couple things to the cart, but mommy and daddy said nope!




I am sure as you get older you will not give up so easy. I think we have all heard screaming children in a store after they have been told 'no'. Honestly, I don't mind that, what bothers me is when parents just give in to stop the crying and screaming. I really understand that sometimes parents have rough days and just don't want to have their child screaming at them. BUT that's kind of part of our job too... I mean when we give in to the undesired behavior what are we teaching our children: If you cry and scream and behave poorly, then you can have what you want?
So little Rose, I am going to promise you as your parent (although I am totally not perfect and going to definitely make mistakes along the way) that if you cry and scream in a store because you cannot have something, well you are still not getting it!

No comments:

Post a Comment