Sunday, March 18, 2012

Sunday Snap Shots

Ok, so I realize that I am not super consistent about when I blog...I was thinking that if I at least get around to blogging about Rose once a week that is a good update on her. Of course, as new and exciting things happen in her life I will try to update the blog with those events.

So here it goes!

This week Rose totally enjoyed the warm weather. I didn't take pictures of everywhere we went, but Rose either got to go for a walk at the park or spend time out in the yard each day this week. It is so weird to have this great weather in March. I remember so many years having snow for my brother and mother's birthdays (March 16th and 18th).


That brings us to another first for little Rose this week. Justin and I went out Saturday night for my brother's birthday and aunt Kate babysat for a few hours. We did try putting Rose to bed before we left, but Rose decided it would be more fun to spend her time with Aunt Kate awake rather than asleep. BUT aunt Kate did a great job and Rose was back asleep by the time we came back home!!

There was another first for Rose this week too...but not a happy one :( Rose had her first real fever/cold. Daddy and Rose have had a runny nose all week, but Saturday she also woke up with a low fever. I didn't even have any medicine in the house because we have never needed it before! So we got some Acetaminophen and started giving it to her yesterday. She was a bit clinging and fussy yesterday, but by last night the fever was down and this morning it was gone! She is also taking much better naps today, so I think she is feeling better :)

Justin also got a few house projects done this weekend...
a new clothesline (isn't it too cute to see Rose's jeans next to her daddy's?)

a new front door (it still needs to be painted)

We also brought the pack and play back down from the attic. We had only been using it as a changing table and then got something sturdier to use, so we packed it up. Now that Rose is mobile (she will take unassisted steps when she forgets that she needs to hold on to something) we have times where we need to know she won't get into anything. Rose actually seems to really like it and will often play for about 10-15 minutes, so we can get a couple things done.


By this time next week we will have less than a month to go until the BIG 1!!

No comments:

Post a Comment