Sunday, February 23, 2014

a FULL week!

YAY! I did not have to take off any work this week due to weather and Justin only had to plow a little...can we make it two weeks in a row {fingers crossed}?

We did get out and enjoy the snow, because it really won't last forever...and now that we have booked our beach vacations, I know there is sand in our future! (and nana's, because when we ask Rose who is going to the beach, she ALWAYS says 'nana')



Most of the week was pretty typical...although I have to admit I am kind of in a dinner slump. We had a couple grilled meals and frozen meals this week, plus it does help that we live next to a pizza shop :) After working 8+ hours, picking up Rose, and getting home, I have very little time to prepare dinner unless we want to eat at 7pm. I need to get better about making some things ahead on the weekends or the night before, so I can pull off some better dinners! I was successful in getting some turkey meatballs and fresh tortillas made this weekend, so no worries, Rose will not be going hungry :)

We could just skip the meal and go straight for dessert... Rose loves to bake with me; so far she has mastered cracking eggs, 'pinches' of spices/salt, and turning the speed up and down on the mixer. This weekend Rose and I made an Angel Food cake for a dinner at church and Chocolate Dark Chocolate Chip cookies. We LOVE our desserts!

Rose did enjoy a day out with Nana and Papa on Wednesday (although she opted to stay in her PJ's for the whole trip!). After lunch at Chick-fil-A, Rose napped while Papa drove to Lancaster for an errand and then all the way to great-grandpa and great-grandma's home. I have to say she is really cuddly in those footsie PJ's :) Rose thought that the walkers made great strollers for the stuffed animals.


And as always, we also enjoyed Rose's usual cuteness this week!




No comments:

Post a Comment