Sunday, May 25, 2014

Mommy by Day and Full-time Employee by Night

So this was my first week working second shift…while initially I thought this would be different, up until Rose was born I did work a lot of nights at Bed Bath and Beyond, so it was kinda old hat. Although I do think that being a mom with a child to run around with all day does tire me out much more, so by the time midnight comes around, I am really exhausted!

Since we were still at the beach Monday, I only had to work 4 nights this week and since I am also off Memorial Day, it will only be 4 days this coming week :)

The change has been totally worth it! I LOVE LOVE LOVE having the mornings with my baby girl. We went to 2 speech sessions, a horseback riding lesson, and had lunch with Rose’s great-grandparents! Don’t get me wrong, we’ve had our struggles…some little girl does not want to get out of her PJ’s, EVER ;) But overall I am so happy to have mornings with by baby and once I’m done training I will have 3 whole days each week off.





So like hundreds of others in Berks County I was caught in the hail storm on Thursday. I was in the Target parking area, IN MY CAR, while it was plummeted with ice. I got a crack in my windshield, both mirrors broke, two lights broke, the rear wiper is gone, some other pieces broke off, and there are dents EVERYWHERE. The Jeep is older, so we’ll see what happens when the insurance agent takes a look. 




We all enjoyed our beautiful warm weekend together. Justin finally cleaned off the deck and Tahnee and Meow really appreciate it!


No comments:

Post a Comment