Sunday, February 20, 2011

31 weeks

How far along?  31 weeks
Maternity clothes?  It's still a mix....
Sleep?  Good...once I am asleep, I am OUT!!
Best moment last week? Getting to open up some windows and be in the sunshine!!
Movement?  Yup
Food cravings? I am ready for some fresh spring produce :)
Labor signs? None!
Belly button in/out? IN
What I miss: Moving furniture...it’s kind of weird, but with the house projects we are trying to finish up it would be so much easier if I could just help move stuff rather than have to track someone else down to help Justin
What I am looking forward to: March, because then when people ask ‘when are you due?’ I can say ‘NEXT MONTH!’
My thoughts:
My 30 week appointment went much better than 28!. No concerns with Rose’s heartbeat and my weight was up! A shout out to Weis’ bakery in Oley for delicious donuts and Rita’s in Blandon for opening ;) but I am hitting up the farmer’s market this weekend, it takes a lot of vegetables to put on weight, but I think my body will be happier with me!
Justin and I attended class number two this week. Although he hadn’t thought too much of the first class, he did say this one was better. It focused on laboring and birth positions and ways of support (aka we pregnant women got messages throughout the class!). So far from what I have tried at home when I was uncomfortable and what we tried in the class, I think water and a yoga ball will be my first options for some relief....I haven’t tried the yoga ball in the shower...we’ll see how desperate I get!!
Also it’s kind of funny, but as the big day gets closer and closer I realize how much less of a priority other things are...since this mostly means easier house projects Justin is also very appreciative. Since Justin will only be taking about a week off and I will have about 8 weeks before returning to work full-time, I really want to make the most of the time we have together as a family. I know we will not be glued to each other every spare minute ;) but I want to have lots of opportunities to make memories together. We are only going to get to enjoy Rose’s childhood once and I want to have LOTS of wonderful experiences for her! So if you come to visit us and the yard doesn’t look like it was mowed in 2 weeks or there are dirty dishes in the sink...BUT there is a laughing and smiling little baby, you’ll know why {heart}

No comments:

Post a Comment