Saturday, February 12, 2011

 Our Valentine's picture :)

How far along?  30 weeks
Maternity clothes?  It's still a mix....
Sleep?  Good...
Best moment last week? Justin and I got upgraded to the iPhone 4
Movement?  Yup, but luckily still no rib kicking
Food cravings? Rita’s :) Luckily the one in Blandon opened this weekend and everything is 50% off ;)
Labor signs? None!
Belly button in/out? IN
What I miss: NOTHING!
What I am looking forward to: Melting snow
My thoughts: So I definitely passed my glucose tolerance test, I had a 113 (I didn’t ask what the cut-off was, I was just so happy to not have to take the 3 hour test!). However, my iron level was low (no surprise there really I have been turned away from donating blood before for low iron levels...), so not a big deal, I am just taking an over the counter iron supplement :)
I am also very good at navigating the RHMC as I got to go back this week...this time it was for an ultrasound of my right leg to check blood flow due to a small lump I noticed a few weeks ago. Well long story short, I have textbook veins and no blood flow obstructions. The very nice ultrasound tech also wanted me to know about Shady Maple, as ‘you are such a tiny pregnant woman.’ Ahhh well, guess I didn’t pack on any record weight gain this week either :)
As I mentioned above, we had our first birth class. We have three more birth classes and a breastfeeding class. There were 9 other couples in the group from a variety of backgrounds which made for fun discussions. During this class we learned about anatomy (fun fun), the signs of labor, the stages of labor, and breathing. Our instructor taught us how to time the contractions and how labor can start and stop... She also gave us ideas on how to conserve energy and stay comfortable during early labor. I also really like breathing :) This is a relaxation technique that I have learned much about during my studies and that I have used to help others during times of stress. I have never really used it for physical pain, but I am game to give it a try!! And I guess that is really my answer to people who seem surprised at my plan to have an out of hospital birth without drugs...I want to give it a try. I understand it is not for everyone and I support a woman's choice of how she wants to birth, but I want to just give it a try :)


No comments:

Post a Comment