Sunday, April 10, 2011

38 weeks


Ahhh, 38 weeks, and waiting.....
It's not that I have had a rough pregnancy, really, I have no major complaints, I am REALLY just ready to meet Rose!!
In saying that this hasn't been a rough pregnancy I must share that this past week's check-up was not spectacular. I found out I was positive for GBS...long story short it's a bacteria that about 10-30% of pregnant women carry and if any woman was tested frequently enough would probably be positive for at some point in her life. (Here is a pretty good resource on it if you want to know more: http://www.babycenter.com/0_group-b-streptococcus-screening_1647.bc?page=1). What this means for me is that I have to receive an IV of antibiotics when I go into labor/water breaks so that Rose can receive them. They can give me the antibiotics at the birth center UNLESS my water breaks before I go into labor, then I have to go the hospital and be induced. So it's just a wait and see game at this point as to where I will go...
I will also have an ultrasound on Monday afternoon to check my water level and then we will discuss how long they will let me go after my due date (I, of course, am *hoping* not to make it to my due date anyway).
On a positive note I got two down arrows on my chart, meaning that Rose is really really low :)
This past week has been pretty good in other ways...last weekend Justin and I went to see a movie and yesterday we went out to breakfast (things we may not be doing for awhile after Rose arrives). I also had enough energy to make a batch of PB eggs and we are enjoying eating them! Next week I may make some pie shells to freeze, unless I am in labor ;) Someone told me my face actually looked thinner AND I was allowed to skip ahead in the bathroom line! Justin and I are also slowing down and enjoying our last few weekends together, which is such a change from even a couple months ago when I was still working at BBB and Justin was in the midst of finishing the upstairs bedrooms and bathroom. We do a couple little things on the weekend, but mostly just relax. So, I guess that's about it, we'll see how this week goes!!

No comments:

Post a Comment