Sunday, June 26, 2011

Car Terror...and all things I fear

Soooo, I think it safe to say that I have been a VERY cautious parent, to me, this has bordered on fear of doing anything that may possibly upset my baby. I was so proud of myself that a week after giving birth I took Rose to an appointment all by myself, however, she screamed in the car and I was unable to console her. Then I tried again a few weeks later, but had the same result. This led me to REFUSE to take Rose anywhere by myself! Justin had to be with me now for any appointments and grandma had to come pick us up if we were going to spend the day at her house. I just could not handle upsetting Rose with a car ride where she was screaming or I was pulling over every 5 minutes.
Along came my sister!! The car seat was moved so I could reach Rose and we added a mirror so I could also see her...why I had not thought of this stuff who knows (they say pregnancy kills brain cells, so I'm blaming that). On Saturday we went to Target. Rose didn't seem so happy at first, but I was able to put her paci back  in and that seemed to make her happy enough to fall asleep by the time we got to Target. Then today I took her {all by myself} to church. Again I had to put her paci back in, but she fell asleep on the way there. Then she had fallen asleep at church and stayed asleep while I put her back in the car seat and all the way home :)
I know Rose will still have her moments of hating the car (and other things) but I no longer fear taking her by myself!

1 comment:

  1. The first time I read the title of this post I read it as CAT Terror instead of Car Terror. When I finished reading it I thought, "Hmmm, when is she going to talk about the cats??" Then I looked at the title again! hahaha

    Glad things are going better in the car. I feel bad that I never suggested a mirror to you. That was one thing a friend had told me to definitely register for and we love having them. Wish I had thought of suggesting it to you too. Sorry!

    ReplyDelete