Saturday, June 18, 2011

Father's Day :)

Tomorrow Justin celebrates his first {real} father's day...other years the doggies have always gotten him a card ;)

Now Justin has been initiated into fatherhood by Rose, a role that will be defined by her memories of him...

This makes me think about my dad and how very blessed I am to have a father who took his role to heart in the fun and tough times (I had my moments!). Some of the wonderful things I will always remember about my dad are his attending my dance recitals, going on a class trip to the Philly Zoo, driving out to Indiana to visit a college, teaching me how to use power tools (successfully because I still have all my fingers!), and cooking Sunday morning breakfasts. These are only the first thoughts that come to mind, but there are soooo many more! My dad made his family a priority and I never felt like I was competing with his job or hobbies for quality time.  When I became a mother his role as my father did not end, rather now he continues to be not only a wonderful father, but a super grandfather!

I am so very blessed to have a wonderful dad and know that in years to come Rose will have special memories with her father also!

No comments:

Post a Comment