Wednesday, January 25, 2012

9 MONTHS

Holy Goodness!! 9 Months...I feel like time is starting to fly!! Now we are only 3 months away from the BIG 1 (but don't worry Rose, mommy has already started planning for your party). I think it feels like time is moving quicker because baby Rose is quickly being replaced by a more active and inquisitive Rose. I think those are the two words I would use to describe my little flower right now: Active and Inquisitive. Rose has started moving A LOT more. She is able to pull to stand sometimes on her own or with a little help. She is also working on transitioning to sit from laying down and standing.

AND she can do Yoga! Rose is getting really good at Downward Facing Dog Pose, this is were she ends up before she falls on her face in the attempt to crawl forward...she crawls backwards great, though :) Rose's favorite type of movement right now is cruising with her push toy or holding onto our fingers and walking. While walking with Rose she takes the lead, if we try to walk here somewhere she will twist her little body around and refuse to move until we head in the direction she wants to go :)
Rose has a few favorite things right now...
The Sing Along Toy she is borrowing from Lena, her train, this little butterfly she likes to chew on, her push toy, and pretty much anything that has lights and makes noise.
She is also very fond of her Baby Color Book....honestly I read real stories to Rose, but for some reason she just likes this book the best :)
 You are also much more into Tahnee lately...

Rose is doing excellent with eating from a spoon. She loves all her food and gobbles it up. We started yogurt and some new mixed foods this month. Up until now I have made all of her foods, but there are just some items that it makes more sense for me to buy then make...like spinach and blueberries (I just don't think I could get these things the right texture for Rose). Anyway, so far she has really likes anything we have given her. Rose is starting to use a sippie cup, I think she knows what to do, she's just not a big fan of it yet.




So let's talk about bedtime. Up until a few weeks ago you were pretty much sleeping through the night...then you stopped! At first I thought it could be teething, but no teeth yet... You are also very hungry when you wake and eat about 4 ounces. Some days you were eating less, so I thought you needed to make up for it at night, but even days you eat a lot, you still seem to want more. Hey, it's not a problem, I am producing PLENTY of milk for you :) You have slept a couple nights, so we'll see how this goes. The other thing about sleeping, is that you still do much better swaddled.
Sometimes you sleep with one arm out and sometimes we wake up and you are totally out of the swaddle. I keep thinking we have to get rid of it, but it seems to still be working for you! I guess I figure as soon as you start crawling and cruising some more, it won't work, and then it will just be done.

So I guess that is all the big stuff for your 9 month update...just three months to go until the BIG 1!!

No comments:

Post a Comment