Sunday, January 13, 2013

Weekend Wrap-Up


Ah, so this weekend was much slower than last weekend, which I think we all needed. Saturday after heading to the farmer's market, Rose and I went to her music class. This was our first official session and week 1 of 10 focusing on drums. Rose was great with clapping and stomping her feet when the group did and she also really likes playing with the instruments, but at other times she preferred to look out the window. We'll see how it goes after she has a few more sessions.

Rose and I then got to spend most of the afternoon together since Justin was off on a computer job. While daddy was away Rose decided she and mommy should stay very busy...so she only took an hour nap for me.

Rose thinks penguins need coffee so they can have lots of energy too!

So in this next sequence, Rose started off by having a snack of strawberries and coloring very nicely...


Then she decides it would be fun to smash the strawberries on the paper :) 


Ah, here is her: 'I know I shouldn't have, but I did anyway' face'.

So if that wasn't enough fun, we then emptied out all the books and decided to sit in the container :)


I was very pleased that Rose showed interest in her nesting cups, usually any activity I suggest is quickly dismissed, but she stayed with these for almost 10 minutes. We stacked them, nested them, and even pointed out colors. 


So, I think there is a special place in a luny bin for us moms who give our children containers of beans. While Rose really loves to play in them, they often end up all over my floor. I just figure the enjoyment she gets for it is worth the time it takes to clean up (and she does help clean up, kinda!). We hide stuff in the beans and fill and dump in lots of containers. 


Rose ended the weekend putting a bead on a pipe cleaner by herself for the first time, Rose loves her fine motor activities. Rose also did a forward roll this weekend, but it was kind of by accident, so I don't know how much credit to give her for that one...

My favorite memory of the weekend though, was Saturday night when Justin and I were having a snack before we put Rose to bed and headed out for our date while my parent's stayed at our house. So, Justin and I were sitting on the floor and there was just enough space for Rose to sit between us, so she did. We sat there eating cheese and pretzels for a bit and it was just a sweet moment as a happy little family :)

No comments:

Post a Comment