Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Mommy Time, Play Dates, and Cousins

So a few times a year I get extended periods to play 'stay at home mommy' with Rose. My company very generously gives me Christmas Eve, Christmas, New Year's Eve, and New Year's Day off, so I only need to use 3 vacation days to have off from Christmas Eve until January 2, 2013. Last year Rose and I didn't do much. She was still taking two naps a day and I was on a pumping/breastfeeding schedule, so we were just home bodies. I held Rose for both her naps, I treasure every moment I got to hold her. This year all she wants to do is run around with mommy chasing her. Rose is now also eating anything and everything and taking one afternoon nap in her crib. What a tremendous difference in just one year.

We also were busy during this break. Nana came on Wednesday to stay with Rose a few hours while I did some shopping. Rose also took a record 3 hour nap, so Wednesday was a really easy day for this mommy :)

Thursday we had a play date with Andrea and Lena. Poor Andrea had a flat tire on the way to our home, luckily no one was hurt and Rose and I picked them up and Ryan (Andrea's husband) was able to take care of the car while we enjoyed our morning together.


Friday's play date was postponed until Monday. So Rose and mommy did have a whole day together. We went to A C Moore for some craft items and Rose and I tackled some projects in her bedroom. I had a great day with my little girl. I love making her laugh and giving her lots of hugs and kisses.

My sister and the kids came to PA on Friday night for the annual Bechtel family Christmas on Saturday. We were a bit worried if we would be able to make it out due to the snow. Before Rose's nap we budded her up in her snowsuit for the first real romp in the snow.









After Rose's nap we made some calls and decided we could safely make it to the Christmas gathering and so Rose got to hang out with her cousins :)


Rose found this cart and thought it was the PERFECT device for pushing all her toys...






Rose also got more cousin time on Sunday when we joined them for breakfast and then when they stopped in at our home before they returned to VA.







Justin worked a half day on Monday due to getting some time in plowing on Saturday. So Rose and I enjoyed a little more mommy daughter time.



We celebrated New Year's Day with the traditional pork and sauerkraut with Papa and Nana.

Now we must return to our normal schedules, but the holidays were lots of fun and the extra time together was the best part!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment