Monday, June 24, 2013

Weekly Wrap-Up (a day late)

Well as anticipated this blog post is a day later than usual, come on, I've really been doing great at getting a post up every Sunday night...

Before we enjoyed our night away, we were once again busy on house projects. Our second floor deck was FULL (almost a ton, no really, that much) of trash was hulled away by Justin this weekend. Last Sunday on the way to dinner at my parent's we found this free porch swing. I painted it over the weekend and Justin hung it up today. (I am sitting on it now as I write this post. There is just something neat about having a porch swing!)




Rose is a great little helper with the flowers and herbs around her house and mine. We will soon have tomatoes, if we can keep Rose from eating them straight off the plant J

Rose took this little 'selfie', she thinks it is funny to look at herself in the iPhone camera. 

Rose LOVED finger painting in the tub this week and got the paint on everything, this mama included :)

Today Justin and I celebrate 7 years of marriage J So, last night Rose was at her grandparent’s home while Justin and I stayed at Flowers and Thyme Bed and Breakfast in Lancaster. This was Rose’s 3rd night away from us…yes, 3 nights in 2 years. What can I say, I NEED to be with my baby We did enjoy a delicious dinner and had a relaxing night as a couple.

Beautiful gardens on the property and I got some poppy seeds from the garden, so we'll see if I can create a little of this beauty at home. 


Whenever we look for a B&B, a two-person tub is a MUST! Justin almost takes up the whole thing himself ;)

Aren't we cute? Well, I am super cute and Justin is lucky ;)

What did we get for gifts? We looked it up and copper and wool are the traditional 7 year wedding presents, but we opted for new sneakers. 

I don't have any awesome words of wisdom here on marriage. 7 years ago I had no idea what our marriage would be like and I have no idea what it will be like in another 7. There is no manual for marriage, it's a different journey for everyone`. For my travel companion I picked a forgiving, sweet, and caring man who loves bacon and VW's :)

We have some pretty busy weekends coming up, yay for summer! 

No comments:

Post a Comment