Sunday, June 9, 2013

Weekly Wrap-Up

JUNE! Where has the year gone already? I guess it was technically June last Sunday when I posted, but writing 'June' on all my forms this week, made me realize we are almost halfway through 2013. Rose has been up to so much already this year and we have some terrific things still to come :)

One of those things is Rose's second appearance as a flower girl in Uncle Matt's wedding on July 5. When I ordered Rose's first flower girl dress from a shop on Etsy a coworker of mine said her mother could have made that...so when this wedding got closer I asked if she would like to make it...long story short she said 'yes', we picked a pattern and fabric, she made the dress, and Monday I took Rose for a fitting. After a few alterations to make it even smaller, it fit and is BEAUTIFUL! But can't post pictures until the wedding ;)

Anyway on the way to get the dress we passed a playground and Rose made it known that she expected to play on a playground, so after dinner we went to the Blandon playground. 

After some swinging with daddy we headed up to the pond to look for fish and see the ducks.

Here the ducks look all cute and sweet...what you don't see is a flock of geese about a dozen coming up on the left and hissing...I quickly ran away and yelled at Justin to grab Rose and do the same!

Most of our week was uneventful. Rose is continuing to go the potty about 80% of the time and is wearing panties at grandma's and home. She also continue to LOVE being outside and playing in water. We had a couple of nights in the last week where she voiced her disagreement with bedtime, but is back to doing very well with calmly going to bed :) 

Thursday Justin had to do some computer work, so I was a single parent for a night. Maybe I'm just whining here, because I know a lot of people are single parents every night, but I really hate not having him around to assist with dinner, bath, play, and bed. After working all day, I love spending time with Rose, but she is exhausting. We had fun Thursday night and except for her insisting on finger painting during mealtime, she took it easy on me. 

Friday Rose and I made some more artwork while waiting for Justin to get home. Rose thought it was just as much fun to paint her hands (and eventually mine) as the paper.  
 I asked for a smile...

Rose also helped me with some laundry until she decided the wash basket had better uses...


After feeding Rose some dinner, we decided to head out to the toy store and play a bit and then pick up our dinner to enjoy after Rose was in bed. As we were leaving, Aunt Kate showed up and so she came with to play at the store.  Rose really loves trains!

Saturday morning Justin and Rose spotted this cute little guy: 
 Luckily, unlike the geese, there were not a dozen other bunnies around hissing!

Sunday we did some errands together including picking up our master bedroom flooring. Justin was actually AHEAD of schedule and finished installing the ceiling on Saturday. After Rose's nap, Nana took Rose down to their home to play with Papa, while Justin and I installed some flooring. 

Ceiling 

Floor

We then also went down to my parent's home for dinner (I really like when Nana picks up Rose for a few hours and then also makes me dinner!). Rose was very excited to have a knife and thought her pickle should be cut, with close supervision by mommy. 


We had a great and productive weekend! This next week and weekend look pretty busy with lots more fun stuff. 


No comments:

Post a Comment