Sunday, June 16, 2013

Weekly Wrap-Up

What a rainy week…but that’s not a bad thing. We enjoyed lots of fun activities inside and when the rain took a break, we quick ran outside!

Here's a quick recap of our week:
Monday was pretty dreary in the morning, but that didn't stop us from enjoying breakfast on the porch and doing some squirrel spotting.



Rose has also become a daddy's girl (more on that later) as an example of her love for daddy, Tuesday morning Rose insisted that daddy wear a bow with her! How can you not love these two? My heart is sooooo happy :)


Rose got to go the the Boyertown Sidewalk Expo on Tuesday with Grandma and made out like a bandit with free stuff and food :)

Tuesday night we welcomed a new family member: a VW Bus!
I was a single parent again Tuesday night, as Justin and some friends picked up this um, atrocity? But Rose loves it and often asks to see the 'bus'. 


She didn't get to see the 'bus' until Wednesday and in keeping with the vehicle theme, she discovered Nana's sun roof and loved it!



Rose has become such a daddy’s girl! As a daddy’s girl myself, I think this is AWESOME. I still think Rose really loves her mommy and we definitely will have lots of special mommy-daughter things, but right now Rose just wants her daddy. Here’s an example: Up until about 2 weeks ago, bedtime books had been a mommy and Rose thing, but now Rose pulls mommy out of the chair and insists on having daddy read her the books.

Thursday I spent time with my daddy when we went to a Fightin’ Phills game (I really don’t like the name change…). Although there was a little spritz here and there, we made it until about 8:45pm and then the rain came...so we left. We had a great time and I love making these memories with my dad!


Thursday Rose, wore a rose in her hair :)


Friday when I picked up Rose, Grandma said she had a fever and didn't eat a good lunch :( We gave her some medicine and she seemed to be doing better, so we headed to a local park for some pre-weekend fun! She is getting a few more teeth...so hopefully that is all over!


Saturday we had our last music class until the fall. Due to vacations and just general business our teacher decided not to offer any classes over the weekend this summer. I’m not sure how Rose and I will occupy ourselves to give Justin some time to work on the house, any ideas are welcome!
Justin joined us for our last class and then took us out to lunch :)  Someone remind me I have to blog about how AWESOME Music Together and Christine have been....

Saturday afternoon Justin worked hard to finish our bedroom floor and although trim, paint, closets, bathroom...the list could go on :) need to be finished, we moved the bed over and are now sleeping in the room. SO for the first time since living here for almost 5 years, we are using every room in the house!

Saturday we took pizza's for grilling to Justin's dad to celebrate Father's Day...if you've never grilled pizza, give it a try! It is really yummy :) We get the pizza kit from the pizza shop next door or check your grocery store. 


Sunday was an awesome day for us. I got to take Justin and Rose to the camp where I was a camper for many years and then also worked as staff for 3 summers (2000, 2002, and 2003). Spruce Lake Wilderness Camp is also were I became friends with Becky, who also came up for the day with her two cutie pies :)

Long story short I was thrown into that lake about 13 years ago...
  
I was never a tether-ball champ (actually I was pretty good on the hockey court), but Rose is starting young

Rose made quick friends at the painting station :)

It wouldn't have been a true camp experience without a s'mores!

 This is a picture of tent #2. I was a camper in this tent for several years and then got to select it as my tent both years I was a counselor. 

Becky and I have so many great memories of camp AND Becky got a husband too :)
 Hopefully our kiddos will also make great memories and friends at camp!

Rose took a nap for most of the ride home and then we went to dinner at my parent's home to celebrate Father's Day! Due to the business of this weekend, I managed to make an Angel Food Cake, but no icing...hey, I'm human ;)



Heads up blog reading friends...there will NOT be a post next Sunday :( Justin and I will be celebrating 7 years of marriage (YAY!) with some us-time and so I will provide an update early next week :)

No comments:

Post a Comment