Sunday, June 30, 2013

Weekly Wrap-Up


This week was not too eventful. It was great taking Monday off to celebrate our anniversary and the rest of the week went by pretty quickly after that, so here we are at the end of the weekend J

Rose was up to her usual fun and silly self
 Yes, she decided she could drink from two cups at the same time...with no hands!


Wednesday Rose decided dipping her pretzels in milk would be yummy, it must be, because she wanted to do it again every day since.


Rose also got to see ponies twice this week. On Wednesday, Nana took Rose to the farm for a field trip where Rose got to play with the new foals. On Sunday we all went over to the farm to watch a horse show.
Rose helped Nana with registering the riders

I think Rose is picking out her own pony...

**I realize I haven’t posted a recipe in a while, so here are two!! Last week at the farmer’s market I purchased oat flour to start replacing the flour I use in baking items. A while back I had purchased wheat flour and a whole grain flour mix, neither of them really worked out well in my recipes or tasted yummy. So far, oat flour is AWESOME! I have made blueberry muffins, brownies, and pancakes (I just used oat flour in my favorite pancake recipe). I made the muffins and pancakes twice, both with all oat flour, and they turned great. 


Oh and since I have stopped posting monthly updates on Rose, here is just a quick review of what our 2 year old is up to these days:
-Rose continues to be a great eater (most of the time) and can use utensils to feed herself (if she feels like it). Rose loves to drink out of adult sized cups and bottles and she likes ice in everything J
-Rose is able to kick balls and has a great overhand throw. She is working on jumping, she has the bounce idea, but her feet have not left the ground at the same time yet.
-Due to her grandmother and mother, Rose has developed distaste for bugs. If she sees one she will grab a shoe and start whacking at it, love her!!!

-Rose continues to sleep very well. She takes an afternoon nap and sleeps about 11 hours at night. We still have her in her crib. She has never tried to climb out, sometimes she actually tries to climb in!  Since she is able to open all our doors, I like having her in her crib where I know she is safe to sleep through the night. 
-Rose is using around 40 words and has consistently been adding 2-4 new words a week. Some words are super clear like: up, off, out, and grass. Then there are words like ‘soap’ that I know what she is saying, but it sounds nothing like soap. She also uses signs and pointing to get what she wants.
-Rose’s favorite activities include: playing outside, going to playgrounds, being in the pool, playing with her dolls, painting, and looking at books.
-Rose is mostly wearing panties and is doing pretty well with toilet training. Most days and most of the time, she tells us when she needs to go and has no accidents. Other days...not so much :)




We are getting geared up for ‘Wedding Palooza!’ This week Justin’s brother is getting married and my cousin is also tying the knot J Thursday (yes, that is July 4th) we have the wedding rehearsal for Matt’s wedding, followed by their wedding on Friday, and then my cousin’s wedding on Saturday… Since Rose is a flower girl in Matt’s wedding she will of course be attending all these events and we decided to take her with to my cousin’s wedding since most of my family (aka babysitters) will be there too and Justin’s family (aka the rest of our babysitters) will just be getting rested from Matt’s wedding.  Send us happy thoughts, that our little flower is able to stay cool and doesn’t mind staying up WAY past her bedtime J

No comments:

Post a Comment