Sunday, September 1, 2013

So to keep track of our week Justin and I played the High/Low game. Basically you share your most and least favorite part of something. I used to do it at the end of every day with my campers to check in with everyone and thought this would be a nice way to remember our vacation. So here it goes!

Saturday
High: made it to the BEACH!! Rose already has a word approximation and sign she created to tell us when she wants to go to the beach , that’s my girl!
Low: awful traffic on the way to the beach L







Sunday
High: day with the grandparents at the beach and Cape Henalopen State Park
Low: grandparents left L 







  
 

Monday
High: we went to the boardwalk (Rose got to go on rides and eat gummies)
Low: paying for parking













Tuesday
High: back to Henalopen to go to the beach
Low: Rose woke up ready for the beach and made a mess of the house until we left!








Wednesday
High: Shopping, beach, and fun!
Low: Rain…but we really didn’t mind it too much






Thursday
High: Nana and Papa arrived J
Low: clouds, but still got a little red





Friday
High: we saw dolphins!! There were around a dozen, but of course I take the worst pictures and missed them all!
Low: Rose did not sleep through the night










Saturday
High: we all made it home safely
Low: we are not at the beach anymore L



Since I really can’t help myself, here are a couple more memories not to forget about our vacation:

Rose is an awful traveler in the car. We try to plan things for her to nap, but she fights falling asleep in the car and when she does it’s a very short nap. This was no exception on a ride to the beach, the stop and go traffic really didn’t help either! Rose is an awesome sleeper in new places (so that makes up for the car rides…I wish I could say the same for Justin and I). We took Grandma and Grandpa’s crib down for the week since we had help taking and returning stuff and Rose took 2-3 hour naps every day and slept from 8pmish to 7amish every day, EXCEPT Friday night. We had a very busy day at the beach and then boardwalk and Rose had a late dinner and was exhausted by the time she got to bed around 7:30. Since we slept in her room while my parents were visiting she started saying ‘mom’ around midnight and after some back rubbing and asking questions, we got her up and she had to poop! About an hour later she was finally back to sleep J

On that note: Rose had NO accidents all week, so I think it is safe to say my little girl is toilet trained!

We loved the size and layout of the house we rented for the week (2 baths and 2 bedrooms with laundry and a dishwasher!). I really hope one year soon…we can get right on the beach though. It would be great to be able to watch the ocean from our windows. That said though, the walk to the beach took about 5 minutes and was very easy. The beach itself was not crowded and usually very calm, however, it was more of a natural beach…meaning lots of sea life on the beach.

It was also wonderful to have the grandparents down for a few days during the week, not only did they make it possible to haul the crib back and forth, but they were able to make some fun memories with Rose. Rose is usually a nana person, but with the help of ice cream, fudge, and soda (I am cringing) she was all about her Papa and I think my dad said something about a pony? ;)

We also had a very nice Sunday once we had totally settled back into our home. I am not looking forward to all the phone calls and e-mails I have to return on Tuesday, but that’s the price of vacation!


September is shaping up to be a busy busy month, so lots of fun posts to come. Did I mention that my brother got married…surprised, so were we!!! Bruce and Kate got hitched on August 20, 2013 at the JP’s office, but told NO ONE until after the event. They are having a reception later this month and we also have the Oley Fair, a fall party, a pumpkin party, music class (but we’ll miss the first one due to all these activities), the JBF sale, and the OFFICIAL start of fall (my favorite season!)  to look forward to this month. Happy September!

No comments:

Post a Comment