Saturday, January 1, 2011

24 Weeks


How far along?  24 weeks
Maternity clothes?  It's still a mix...maternity pants or sweatpants and regular and maternity tops
Sleep?  Much better this week! I have two pillows and Justin to snuggle with and I am usually able to find a comfortable position.
Best moment last week? I turned in my resignation at Bed Bath and Beyond...while I am really happy about not working weekends anymore, I will miss the great people!
Movement?  It’s pretty consistent, especially after dinner and bedtime (I hope this doesn’t mean she is going to be a night owl...). Also my mom finally got to feel the baby move today and that was exciting for her!
Food cravings? I had a dream about wine...enough said...
Labor signs? None!
Belly button in/out? In!!
What I miss: Warm weather...people say it is sooo much better to be pregnant in the winter than summer, but I don’t know...
What I am looking forward to: 2011 will now be a very active year for the Bechtel family, besides baby Stillinger in April, there are two cousins planning their weddings (one in July and the other in the fall), so lots of reasons to spend time with family!!
Milestones: Viability Baby ;) I know some places say week 25 is officially viability, but my cousin who spent some years as a NICU nurse said 24 is good to go, not that I want to have the baby right now...
My thoughts: I feel pretty lucky that so far my pregnancy is going very well. I had a little nausea from weeks 7-14 in the morning and a runny nose, but really overall this hasn’t been so bad. My biggest complaint is being tired in the evenings. I am really hoping the last 16 (or fewer) weeks goes just as well!
Justin and I have been working hard on the nursery. The original doors still need to be refinished and curtains hung, but other then that all the big stuff is completed. It has been really fun getting the room ready and it makes us feel even more excited for the baby. We also got the  collection of children’s books from my parent’s home that used to be read to me. Justin and I have been taking turns reading stories to Baby Stillinger to get some practice in :)
Speaking of the baby, although the doctor and Justin feel very confident that baby Stillinger will be a girl, I need to hold her in my arms before I am 100% convinced! So I am still going with mostly neutral items, although some items that can easily be removed or repainted have been of a little girl theme and as I have registered for items, I did select pink...so we’ll see. Don’t get me wrong I will be very happy with a little girl...I would also be very happy with a little boy... Since Justin and I were not trying to have a baby, we didn’t have any pressure about getting pregnant making this is all just a fun experience! So whatever baby Stillinger is, he/she will be loved!

No comments:

Post a Comment