Sunday, January 9, 2011

25 Weeks


 (This is a regular size small shirt so you can appreciate just how HUGE this bump is getting!)
How far along?  25 weeks
Maternity clothes?  It's still a mix...but people don’t have to guess that I am pregnant anymore...
Sleep?  Still good, I just want to do it more and more!
Best moment last week? All the home projects we (mostly Justin) got done :)
Movement?  It’s very consistent and easy to feel, when she cooperates!
Food cravings? Chocolate, I mean in large quantities :)
Labor signs? None!
Belly button in/out? In!! (although not as much as it once was)
What I miss: Contacts...not sure if it has anything to do with being pregnant, but my eyes seem to dry out sooner, so I have been wearing my glasses more...not a bad thing really, just different.
What I am looking forward to: We start our birth classes next month
My thoughts: I had my 24 week appointment and everything is excellent! I am measuring exactly for my gestation and I have gained a few pounds and should gain around another 15 to be in the typical weight gain range...I will just have to keep eating :) However, luckily (SO FAR) the weight seems to just be in my baby area...and even redistributing my body weight to put more there! As seen in the picture below I have been wearing my wedding band on my middle finger because it slips off my ring finger and I have gone diving after it a couple times in the shower, NOT a recommended activity when pregnant :)
Ok, I have been totally obsessed the past two weeks with researching cloth diapers, Justin would probably say crazed even! But for multiple reasons we agree that this is the option we would like to try and so I want to do it well. I have spoken with several friends, e-mailed store owners, and joined a couple blogs and now feel much aware of options; although until I try some stuff out I won’t really know what will work for us. I have bought a very small amount of diapers to try and I have also created a registry on a cloth diaper website, so when the baby arrives I should have some options to try and see what works and then go from there. I do have my hopes on one of the diaper systems that can also use disposables, but we’ll just have to wait for the baby and see what works!
Also I cannot believe how fast this is going...25 weeks...15 or fewer to go! At first it seemed like I would be pregnant forever, but now it seems like the baby will be here before I can blink! Again since this was kind of a surprise and I just changed jobs in April, I will be taking about 8 weeks off when the baby comes. I don’t think I have had 8 weeks of not being employed since I was 16 and I got my first job...probably for more of those years then not I have worked more than one job at a time too! I think being a mom will by far be the best job I will ever have and while it doesn’t pay monetarily, its benefits will be far beyond what I can even imagine. I am really looking forward to starting my new job!

No comments:

Post a Comment