Friday, December 24, 2010

23 Weeks

 
How far along?  23 weeks
Today is Christmas Eve AND the halfway point in our anniversary; so today we have been married 4 ½ years and by the time we reach 5 years we will have grown to a family :)
Maternity clothes?  It's still a mix...maternity pants or sweatpants and regular and maternity tops
Sleep?  It kind of goes back and forth...I will have some nights I toss and turn and other nights I sleep wonderfully
Best moment last week? Baby Stillinger and I got to meet Lena!!
Movement?  I feel it more and more, although she hasn't cooperated with other people being able to feel the movement
Food cravings? I did raid the cabinets this week for chocolate :) also I have just been eating more in general...
Labor signs? None!
Belly button in/out? In!!
What I miss: Energy, by about 7pm I am just done for the day!
What I am looking forward to: 2011! Not only will that mean I have reached 24 weeks and viability for our baby, but I can say 'we are having a baby THIS year!' Also the nursery is coming along and I may be able to start decorating in the next week or two.
Milestones: She is about 11 inches long and over a pound!
My thoughts: This week Justin and I had a tour of the birth center where we hope to welcome our baby. My insurance will cover this out of hospital birth center 100% so we feel very fortunate to have this option. I will not be able to deliver there if the baby is breech, I need to be induced, or I need to be on any medications to manage gestational diabetes or blood pressure, BUT so far so good and this would be our Plan A. I have really enjoyed the care I have been receiving from the midwives and look forward to this warm and comfortable environment for our birth experience. Justin and I are also signed up for our birth classes in February and March and then we will just wait for the BIG DAY! We also have a pediatrician and since our mom's our providing grandchild care when I go back to work, we feel pretty set on the big stuff going in to the new Year. We are researching cloth diapers and really feel interested in using them for most of our diapers...I'm sure there's lots more to get ready, but so far so good!!


Andrea and Lena :)

No comments:

Post a Comment